Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Powerlevel is 9000.99
Random topic about Setsunas brought some illogical points to my attention.

1) Wielding the weapon gives the user the ability to view numeric stats of most non-monster oponnents.

This is basically assuming that a character who finds this weapon can suddenly scope an arbitrary digit about the oponnent they are fighting. Why not give Setsunas the 'scan' ability for the cost of 1M. It will allow the user to detect a rough estimate of an oponnent's stat in comparison to your own.

Example: Player A (Setsuna Holder) scans Player B. They can now choose a stat to approximately compare against their own. So if Player A scans for strength, and the difference of strength is 20, a message will alert the player of the difference.

0-10: "X's strength is somewhat stronger/weaker than your own."
11-20: "X's strength is stronger/weaker than your own."
21-30 "X's strength is exceedingly stronger/weaker than your own."

This disallows the perception that every single individual that exists in the SL2 universe have static stats that one can potentially approximate down to the digit. And this would only apply to certain stats, since variables like 'luck' couldn't be estimated.

2) Wielding the weapon gives the user the ability to view skills of most non-monster oponnents.

I'm not sure how this could be feasible. It seems more like a matter of being knowledgeable of that person's techniques. But I would suggest that if the contenders share the same class, they should be able to identify the skills for only that particular class. This applies with or without the Setsuna.

Example: Ghost/GS vs Ghost/Hexer. Neither of them would be able to see each other's skills, except Duelist/Ghost skills such as Wraithguard.

And since we're on the topic of viewing statistics and what not, you probably shouldn't be able to know the duration or level someone's debuff or buff, unless you inflicted it upon them. I'd go as far to say the name of the buff/debuff itself. And this is all considering that double clicking someone out of combat = examining them, so the same applies in combat.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
The description talks about a blind dragon being able to see and all. (I mostly don't care because I don't PvP with mine unless it's IC, and I mainly use it for the light damage.) Although, I can see the idea of a "scan" ability being nice, having it have a cost makes Setsuna at a disadvantage to its counterparts, which all have no drawbacks to them.

In my personal short opinion. I say fuck the "see stats and skills" ability, and maybe give it the weilder blind immunity instead. That way it has no cost like the other swords, and it still fits the theme, plus it would alleviate the problem of "I'm not fighting you because of metagame".

I just don't like the thought of Setsuna getting shafted and forcing it to be less useful than the other three blades.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
If people won't fight you because of metagame, use it to your advantage.

Or, you know, don't RP with people who would do something like that.
I don't see the issue with Setsuna's effect. There's nothing sacred about your stats and skills; once you start fighting, anyone that looks will more than likely be able to figure them out with some guesswork. Using an effect the system provides to figure out a majority of your opponent's arsenal isn't metagaming; it's the natural instinct to figure out what they're doing and/or what you're going up against. Demoting it to a 'Scan' skill, in my opinion, is unnecessary.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
People already flaunt stats or share exact stats to compare things. Crying "metagame" over it is childish and moronic.

IMHO, there's nothing wrong with the Setsuna as is, and everyone needs to get over themselves.

That said, I'd also be totally in favor or Ryu's suggestion as well. Hell, it'd be infinitely more useful.
*loud burp*
Blind-immunity Setsuna would actually be really neat. Though I also actually agree that Setsuna's effect is ridiculous. And to me it has nothing to do with stats and skills being "sacred." The simple fact of the matter is: the current effect is COMPLETELY ILLOGICAL. I admit that it's just a peeve to me, but it's a damn valid one.
[Image: jzdlBPn.png]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3629#p3629 Wrote:Rockabye » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:58 pm[/url]"]Though I also actually agree that Setsuna's effect is ridiculous. And to me it has nothing to do with stats and skills being "sacred." The simple fact of the matter is: the current effect is COMPLETELY ILLOGICAL. I admit that it's just a peeve to me, but it's a damn valid one.

And that is a completely valid opinion to have, for the record. I just want to clarify that my comment about it is aimed at the people who think it's "metagamey."
*loud burp*