Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was FROZEN today (freezing crystal rose)
Looking back I realized after several months Dev meant he clarified the description of Crystal Rose to mean that you only need it to be considered 'Freezing' to gain the ability to inflict Frozen.

This makes it far too easy for Duelists to slap on Frozen and remove the need to worry about their hit chance, or utilize the crowd-control potential of the status and simply ignore the victim, forcing them to either do nothing or burn 3m on breaking the status--if they even can (assuming they lack teleportation movement that ignores immobilize). It's overbearing since it not only sets Evade to 0, but also immobilizes the victim with a skill that has no cooldown and is fairly cheap to cast (3m, 14FP at max rank)

Like other powerful elemental impact effects (see: Quaking Heaven Kick) this should either require the actual Kraken enchant or have stricter requirements for applying, such as a reduced odds of infliction (possibly removed if you're using Kraken and not the badge).

The reason I call for needing the actual enchant is so that the combination is locked to Duelist/Mage rather than Duelist/anything being able to slap Frozen on you so easily given how potent a status Frozen is, even at low levels.
Kinda funny I made a post talking about this months before. It was before it used Kraken, duelist was able to apply frozen for free. The changes follow were; Kraken enchantment needed, struggle was add to break free, and Frozen immunity after breaking free. It's still a powerful status effect at the end of the day but them using Kraken does give them several weakness. I do understand what you meant by them only use mage enchantment instead of the badge but honestly, It is AIDS to fight IF that person only abuse it but I'm kinda fine with the badge and mage enchantment stuff. IF it's really that much of a problem; the only things I would suggest to fix this problem is by increasing the frozen immunity by one more round at best or increase the FP cost so it's punishable if spammed or have it use a certain percentage of the status inf roll instead of all of it or let it only apply frozen if the user haven't moved as yet like Eclair and disengage.

As long as you're not actually fighting try hards, It feels quite alright to me.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
Frozen immunity should help stop this in its tracks shouldn't it?
Frozen immunity is currently a thing, yeah, I haven't really seen get it out of hand ever since that was slapped on personally. I haven't used it myself, but from what I can tell, just tapping struggle once after being frozen breaks the status and gives you the immunity anyway, since the LV is 20 and people generally have the STR for that.

I think it's currently fine (until someone finds a way to utterly break it).
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
It can't be abused that much, that's the thing. It's only abusable in a team fights if your partner is a heavy basic attack hitter and their turn comes up after yours or if they choose to stay in your attack range once your frozen immunity is gone (And if that happens, blame none but yourself). In other words, situational. Try hards would use stuff like jet-pack, mech accel ability, cobra flight and other one momentum movement ability to line themselves up for it and abuse it once FI is gone or setup for stuff like EI spamming when it's off CD. But luckily, not many super try hards out there.

Hence why I said it's kinda alright right now. It's good setup but it's not dumb no counterplay, nerfplz rito, broken. It doesn't REALLY need anymore adjustments, but IF it's really that much of a problem, then I did post some suggestions in my previous post.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
As someone who uses Freezing crystal rose a lot.
Its not that opressive most of the time at all in my opinion. I am pretty much with Senna here, that we have a lot more terrible and Momentum effective ways in this game, gain air/winged serpet as a 1M 8 tile+airborne movement as example is a lot more opressive.

So in my experinces Crystal rose is :
-It needs an infliciton check, while as Ice user you usually have that decently high through skill alone, I run often into people I can't freeze.
-It's really good when you manage to get it off in a Teamfight, to allow a teammate one deceicive hit, this is in my opinion it's stronger point.
-Thanks to the relatively short range, it's actually often put you inside of the enemies attack range, more often than not I just get counter attacked without them even bothering to struggle out of it, knowing I break it eventually for them.
-It a good tool to get one attack in, against extreme dodgers and Cobra users, but thats hardly oppressive as you can do that only once every so often and while being in the right range for it being worth it.

Over all, it's certainly a very nice and good effect, but I still find Lightning crit and fire outmatch it in terms of duels. It shines most it Team fights, which I like.

Just my opinion and experinces with it, I do not think it's too strong with the recent changes to it. Wind and Earth Crystal rose could need a tiny addon though as those two clearly fell behind.
The major issue I see with it is that it's giving a base class a free pass on a hit check without even requiring a main class stipend for it.

You spend an item slot and pass a trivial infliction check and get to ignore a major defense entirely. As to why I say it's trivial: if the person you want to freeze has high status res (80+, enough for a failure chance even with ski + wil), odds are they don't have amazing evade. Even if they do, notably high Phys/Mag Def AND evade are rare, especially combined with status res. Most people don't stack multiple high defenses outside pure tank (phys/mag def + crit evade) or dodge tank (evade + passable phys/mag def), and even in these cases being able to disable one of their defenses is a big deal, even if only for one hit.

Used ineffectively it isn't that big a deal, no, but it's been stated how it could be used efficiently. If your opponent's only defense is their evade, you'll likely be able to deal enough damage to secure a win if not set yourself up to win. If they relied on evade whatsoever it still strips one layer of defense, it's just a matter of how well your build can take advantage of a 4 (or 7 if you're a dullahan or boxer, 10 if you're both) momentum opportunity where your opponent lacks evade.

In a one on one scenario it's more difficult to set up a lethal situation with it, but the utility of Frozen is on par with Buster Cannon (and you can stack the two). I just don't think it should be given to any Duelist who pays an accessory/badge slot to be able to ignore one of the (prior) most effective defenses against their damage. As if Evade wasn't easy enough to trivialize, having such easy access to Frozen (not to mention the cheapest momentum-wise source of Frozen in the game accessible to PCs) where it matters the most seems like overkill.
I do have to agree with Trex in the sense that the ability alone plays in a league of its own much like Galren badge + KD became a big issue and was given to Galren enchantment only. But at the same time that renders Mercury badge useless. I propose another icy ability like frostbite or a new status called freezing which gives the enemy +10% ice weakness be given to Mercury badge and Frozen status be Kraken enchantment only. This still leaves the window open for usage but not the same as subbing or maining mage.
Comparing buster Canon, a status that nulls the defense of a tank entirely, for all attacks with your whole team for a duration of time, with a low level freeze you can struggle out of, have an immunity to after an always works for only one attack and saying those are on the same level is more than just a small stretch in my opinion.

I disagree with frozen being a problem, as it's one of the few soft counters to cobra kite builds. And even that not at all effective. If your only Form of defense ist just evade/cobra, you get a bit of pain every other round... A level 200 frozen From archer, is a bit more oprssive and it doesn't need much set up at all. And that one is also fine.
I honestly think this is more of a knee-jerk..

Also the same argument as you used for buster Canon and frozen being used together... Usually if you have to freeze someone to hit them, their defense was unexistent to begin with. Unless you do one of these try hard no hit/maximum Swa build I guess, though then you also don't need them frozen and just auto attack spam.
You can nullify Buster Cannon if you're so inclined, too. Those hit hardest by it (BKs) can purge it outright though you're right, it's not as easy to purge as the Frozen from FCR.

My point was that it's just as potent in that it strips a layer of defense away, just for not nearly as long as Buster Cannon, thus requiring more intelligent application of the ability to make use of it. The problem lies in this option being available to any Duelist sub or main so long as they pay the badge tax.

It's as oppressive as QHK can be in the sense that in purging it, you waste 3m, otherwise you could be seriously impaired if the status is left unless you have a counter to it (Blink/Teleportation moves), in the same sense Knocked Down can either cost you 3m or be totally ineffective if you've the answer to it (Kip Up).

The fact Frozen is such a polarized status like the Knocked Down QHK can inflict is part of why I'm vouching for it to receive the same stipulation that QHK got, if not a more stringent requirement for Frozen to activate than a status infliction check. It could require expending Voltiger or something, IDK.

Shujin post_id=36191 time=1555759698 user_id=135 Wrote:Also the same argument as you used for buster Canon and frozen being used together... Usually if you have to freeze someone to hit them, their defense was unexistent to begin with. Unless you do one of these try hard no hit/maximum Swa build I guess, though then you also don't need them frozen and just auto attack spam.

The argument doesn't exactly swing both ways here, as landing a basic attack can cause far more than what an auto-hit can. The effects of River Sword, landing Ether Invitation, the effects of Narcus, critical hits. The list goes on for what can be utilized for a basic attack that you'd otherwise miss out on if you lacked the hit to attack your target and didn't have any free-pass abilities.