Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grimalkin Instinct and Racial are not okay
[Image: unknown.png]

As you can see here. Grimalkin's pretty much a direct copy-paste of Felidae, but still their lore is way more different than a Felidae's. I found out that the new 'sub-races' implementions over the course of the time had those be atleast mechanically different than their main race. (I.E Reapers and Appertauri. Redtail and Omina.) Seeing this, I'd like to propose a change to either their innates, or their lore.

Lore speaks word by word that they're good at weaving curses and tampering with others through hexes due to their race being abnormal and outright shunned for making good Hexers. So:

[strike]Fleetfoot[/strike] -> Yin-Yang Affinity
Quote:Yin-Yang Affinity
Grimalkin have a natural affinity to balance perfectly the spectrum of Light and Darkness, as one is the opposite of the other, they cannot exist without the other. Grants Light Attack and Dark Attack equal to your Scaled SAN.
or
Quote:Yin-Yang Affinity
Grimalkin have a natural affinity to balance perfectly the spectrum of Light and Darkness, as one is the opposite of the other, they cannot exist without the other. Grants a bonus equal to Scaled SAN over your Elemental Attacks:
If your base RES is 10 points higher than your base FAI, the bonus becomes Light ATK.
If your base FAI is 10 points higher than your base RES, the bonus becomes Dark ATK.
If both are equal, the bonus increases both.

[strike]Instinct (Felidae)[/strike] -> Instinct (Grimalkin)
Quote:Instinct (Grimalkin)
The closer they are to death, the more resilient and karmic they become. At 50% HP, grants a bonus equal to your Scaled SAN to Status Infliction and Status Resistance, at 25% HP, this bonus is doubled.

[strike]Play Cute[/strike] -> Cursed Hiss
Quote:Cursed Hiss (Racial Trait, Req. Grimalkin Race)
Grants a special skill in battle called Cursed Hiss. (You hiss threateningly, giving you a chance to Hesitate all enemies within 5 Range (LV = 5 + Scaled SAN) for 3 rounds.) This also may extend the duration of their debuffs by 1 round if they are successfully inflicted with the Hesitation. 2 Round Cooldown.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I'm all for something for grimalkin other than just their stats, but looking at these numbers there's definitely a balance issue with these from the time of me reading them. Might want to look at more sensible suggestions, but the general reason this post exists has my backing.

I'm just looking out for other/more balanced ideas.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
That'll be up to Dev to decide, or future Balance Fus if this ever goes through. I just want change.

The numbers can be halved over their racial skill and yin yang, I believe. The only one I think is fine out of those is the Instinct, since that costs precious HP.
Snake post_id=37108 time=1562612181 user_id=310 Wrote:That'll be up to Dev to decide, or future Balance Fus if this ever goes through. I just want change.

The numbers can be halved over their racial skill and yin yang, I believe. The only one I think is fine out of those is the Instinct, since that costs precious HP.

I think the Instinct/Yin Yang bonuses can be halved to make it okay. I'm not sure if I personally like Cursed Hiss much (as a concept), I'm of the opinion that they should just keep Play Cute but yeah. I do rarely see Grimalkins myself so I've come to believe that they could use some love.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
They're certainly still cute enough to go nyaa~, yeah. With a bit of number balancing though they might just work. Not clued in on their lore so wondering whether they're really a race that would incorporate the ying-yang or be more dark focused entirely.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
I don't think Yin-Yang could ever really be balanced no matter how you look at it, if you were to build 50 RES FAI and SAN you'd be considered extremely defensive, now slap on an extra offensive stat to that and you suddenly start having grimalkin who are extremely tanky and have a lot of damage, more than most other people pull off anyways with the same stats.
Any other suggestions for Yin Yang are welcome. Or drawbacks. I can't think of anything better and I'd honestly be satisfied if their instinct alone was the only thing changed.

Mayhaps Yin-Yang could also be some sort of SAN-based FP regeneration passive or whatever that works similar to Glykins?
I think fleetfoot is fine, its not like movement is not useful to a Grimalkin, even if they're a mage.
I personally would change Cursed Hiss to something along the lines of increases your status infliction rate by half of your scaled SAN. And as for Yin-Yang I think it'd be much better affecting Hexer's curses and hexes. I.E. increasing the rounds of whichever you take by scaled SAN divided by 10 (at 60 sanctity you'd increase it by 6 rounds). I feel it suits their lore and affinity to the dark arts much better and would set them apart from their Felidae counterparts.