Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Talent: Heavy Armor Mastery
Let's give these people love.

Armor is used to protect one's body from harm. Those who train with heavier armors become more used to fighting in such a manner that it allows them to become sturdier and more flexible even while being weighed down.

Rank 1: +1 DEF for every rank of Heavy Armor Mastery you have while wearing Heavy Armor.
Rank 4: Increases BW by 2% of STR while wearing Heavy Armor.
Rank 5: Gain 5% resistance to Slash, Pierce, and Blunt damage while wearing Heavy Armor.

tl;dr Brief idea that gives Heavy Armor users more bonuses for wearing Heavy Armors. Doesn't exactly have to be these, but I felt like there was no use in wasting a decent idea.

Discuss.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
This is something that should be going on Black Knight's skill list, not the Talent roster. +5 DEF for ANYONE who wears Heavy Armor is far too good, not even accounting for the other bonuses.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
if we get light armor, and cloth armor masteries aswell

light armor
reduces weight by 1 per rank
counts as cloth armor for skills at rank 5
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4013#p4013 Wrote:Chaos » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:39 pm[/url]"]This is something that should be going on Black Knight's skill list, not the Talent roster. +5 DEF for ANYONE who wears Heavy Armor is far too good, not even accounting for the other bonuses.
Black Knights already have their +DEF skill, and just because they exist is no reason to bar other classes from a decent heavy armor bonus (especially when BKs will still be able to use it too). BKs will always use it better than classes that aren't meant to be tanky, as those classes tend to be punished for using heavy armor at all. As for +5 DEF being too good... merely becoming able to upgrade armor has already provided a larger bonus (also available to everyone) than what is being suggested here.

I like the idea in question, and would like to see it implemented. We need more talents.
[Image: jzdlBPn.png]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4020#p4020 Wrote:Rockabye » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:04 pm[/url]"]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4013#p4013 Wrote:Chaos » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:39 pm[/url]"]This is something that should be going on Black Knight's skill list, not the Talent roster. +5 DEF for ANYONE who wears Heavy Armor is far too good, not even accounting for the other bonuses.
Black Knights already have their +DEF skill, and just because they exist is no reason to bar other classes from a decent heavy armor bonus (especially when BKs will still be able to use it too). BKs will always use it better than classes that aren't meant to be tanky, as those classes tend to be punished for using heavy armor at all. As for +5 DEF being too good... merely becoming able to upgrade armor has already provided a larger bonus (also available to everyone) than what is being suggested here.
Except that when a talent goes, "Get Iron Wall and then some when you wear Heavy Armor," You're practically putting a Class Skill in the Talents pool. In fact, anyone could ditch Iron Wall and use this Talent as a replacement; losing +1 DEF isn't a big deal when you're freeing up 5 SP and getting a few bonuses to boot. There is no other Talent that provides this much of a bonus; the most you'll ever get to a statistic from a single Talent is +2. If this Talent was something like, "While wearing Heavy Armor, +1% Pierce/Slash/Blunt Resistance per Rank, +(2% STR) BW increase at Rank 3, then +2 DEF at Rank 5," then that would be perfectly fine. But not when it boosts a stat just like a Class Skill does.

Also, you forget that while a torso's defensive values only work towards reducing incoming damage, DEF can also be used in any skill that calls for the stat, such as Terra Strike, Checkmate and Stalemate. +5 DEF from spending Talent points (when Talents don't cause a whole lot of indecision beyond growth bonuses) is going to be better than +9 from spending a good amount of Mura, depending on how rare the item is.

P.S. Until the day that Dev puts a restriction on how many Promoted Classes can be unlocked at the same time, there is nothing stopping someone from simply throwing Black Knight on when they want to feel like a tank with their Heavy Armor.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I concur that if this is implimented, it should not be strictly related to Black Knight. That wasn't my idea when I suggested it. Although it was to promote more Black Knight and physically resistant characters.
  • Black Knights already get a +DEF innate skill.
  • Black Knights already get two skills related to reducing physical damage based on DEF and Heavy Armor.

No offense Chaos, but saying, "they can switch to Black Knight any time they want to tank while wearing heavy armor" pretty much refutes the entire suggestion because regardless of the number of classes, they can do that anyway by simply switching armors and classes prior to battle. I just wanted to point that out.

On that notion, for other classes, some of them get bonuses for not wearing heavy armor, and if they do wear it, they trade off those bonuses for these, so in a way it benefits everyone.
  • Evokers lose out on Evocation and Arcane Tattoo which provide more damage to their spells and reduce the cost of one of them by either 25% or 40%.
  • Ghosts will not be able to use Wraithguard.
  • Martial Artists lose their Protection from Arrows.
  • Kensei will be unable to regenerate FP through Channel Spirit.

But for those losses, you gain a decent physical defense trade off.
  • Summoners can provide more defense by Installing Drowned Woman on top of this talent.
  • Black Knights more than obviously get bonuses in general and provide up to 5% more of a chance at Stalemate.
  • Ghosts get to stack the talent's DEF on top of Pain Proof.
  • Zerans benefit from Crown of Heaven.
  • Lupine benefit from Instinct.
  • Anyone wearing Ogata's Waraji will have better physical resistances, and in turn this is balance out against some magic resistance.
  • [strike]Battle Mages[/strike].

These are all just small examples of what potential could be done to benefit all classes in this way. I see your point, and Iron Wall would benefit like this a lot, but it focuses more on your equipment for everyone than just a single class. In the OP I suggested nothing was set in stone, so it's very plausible for your turn on the talent to be implemented instead of mine. In fact I like the sound of yours better since mine was a spur of the moment idea I didn't want to waste.

Although, if it's too much, you can have it count as an item bonus, since those cap at a certain amount, and the talent is focused on wearing a specific type of item.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!