Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Runes
Drawing from my post in this thread, I believe Rune Magician is lacking in variety when it comes to offense, and ally-affecting utility. As a result, the class feels predictable and has a lower skill ceiling than it could. Because of how abundant skill points are for the class already, I think a few new runes could greatly benefit Rune Magician.

Chimera Rune:
Engrave: Attempts to inflict Poison LV X for 3 rounds.
Resonate: Enemies in effective range (+1) have their Poison LV increased by 5 and the duration increased by 1.
Trigger: Covers tiles in effective range in Acid Pools for 3 rounds. Enemies in those tiles may be inflicted with Poison for 3 rounds.

Burning Rune:
Engrave: Attempts to inflict Burn LV X for 3 rounds.
Resonate: Deals X Fire magic damage to all enemies in effective range (+1), which ignores armor. At Rune level 2 or higher, destroys Ice Sheets in effective range.
Trigger: Covers tiles in effective range in Cinders for 3 rounds. Enemies in those tiles may be inflicted with Burn for 3 rounds.

Healing Rune:
Engrave: Target Ally gains Regeneration X for 3 rounds.
Resonate: Heals allies in effective range (+1) for X. [Does not stack with other Healing Runes?]
Trigger: Allies in effective range are healed for X.

Cleansing Rune:
Trigger: Allies in effective range have the duration of negative statuses reduced by X.

Warp Rune:
Engrave: Target Ally is teleported to the location of the nearest friendly Warp Rune, if one exists.
Resonate: Transports all runes in effective range (+1) to the nearest OTHER Warp Rune, unless a Null Rune is linked to it. Runes that cannot maintain their current positions relative to the destination Warp Rune will not be transported.
Trigger: Randomly teleport enemies in effective range up to (Rune Level * X ) tiles away from their current positions.
SL1, Take me home... to the Tannis...where I belong....

SIGROGANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

JAMMER MAMA.

Take me home... take me home...

All things aside. Sure. Whatever. This is cool. I see no problems with this for now. Maybe looking into more exact values for the variables would be good. So y'know. Yeah, whatever.
Some more runes would help breathe variety into the class, and fill out skill points for destiny because Destiny Rune Mage ironically runs out of skills to spend points into.

I have a couple of ideas that could probably fit, if you don't mind my adding them at all.

Fulgar Rune:
Engrave: Lowers the target's crit evade by x for 3 rounds
Resonate: Deals x lightning damage to a random target in the rune's range.
Trigger: Inflicts interference for x rounds

Draft Rune:
Engrave: Inflicts lingering damage lv X for 3 rounds
Resonate: Creates Air Shafts in rune's effective range (+1) for x rounds.
Trigger: Pushes all enemy units x tiles, if an enemy is airborne this effect ignores pushing immunity.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]