Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Ranger] Twin Shot
[Image: unknown.png]

Here I present Twin Shot, a skill that a Ranger will definitely not bother picking due to how underpowered it is. The skill launches two projectiles that deal a tickle of 140% SWA damage that a single critical hit from any attack of yours can easily overpower, given Archers are built around SKI/LUC/GUI.

Bows are not like Swords that can reach 140~150 SWA easily, and make a good use of those multipliers. Even if this did 200% SWA or 300% SWA, it would still be pretty crappy given you'd need to be repositioning yourself all the time to make use of this.

Well, I cannot think this would be any better if not revamped into something more interesting. Either a new effect to match the whole 'twin shot' thing that's not as bland and boring as throwing two inaccurate arrows with the godly aim of Cirno the Strongest Fairy, or this could even become an utility skill that works with Archer skills, giving them additional shots. Here goes the ideas that most likely would fit the theme of flinging two arrows at once:

Quote:Twin Shot
3M, No Cooldown.

Targets an enemy within 10 Range [i](but further than 3 Range) and performs a basic attack with a bonus to Hit. The closest enemy within 3 range of them will also be targeted. (If no enemies are close to the target, the second attack will be repeated on them instead.)[/i]

Rank 1: 20 FP. +5 Hit.
Rank 2: 18 FP. +10 Hit.
Rank 3: 16 FP. +15 Hit.
Rank 3: 14 FP. +20 Hit.
Rank 3: 12 FP. +25 Hit.

Quote:Twin Shot (Utility Skill)
1M, 2 Round Cooldown.

Grants a buff that enhances your next Ranger or Archer skill that performs a basic attack, with a bonus to Hit. If you hit the attack, the momentum is refunded but you can only use the same skill for the follow-up attack. Afterwards, the buff is consumed.

Rank 1: 20 FP. +5 Hit.
Rank 2: 18 FP. +10 Hit.
Rank 3: 16 FP. +15 Hit.
Rank 3: 14 FP. +20 Hit.
Rank 3: 12 FP. +25 Hit.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I, a new player with absolutely zero bias believe that the skill could be buffed in both scaling and its use. Like firing omnidirectional projectile arrows instead of two and call it spin shot.

Thank you.
[Image: tenor.gif]
Double attacking at full power is a definite no no.
Make it do reduced damage on that. I did let slip my mind that some bows do have on-hit effects that actually compensate for the place of raw damage and it would be so cool to see that going. For uniqueness, make it be 25% of the normal damage at maximum rank instead of 50% but get increased accuracy or critical hit.

We kinda don't have a ranged two-point strike in the game and Ranger could probably make use of something like that in the place of an underwhelming effect.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]