Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wraithguard
Given LE, new ways to build characters reliably around it...

Wraithguard could use sort of a cap. I'm sure you all noticed how often people that have nothing to do with swords or anything just go for ghost for the passives and WG.

Of course, building around this skill that pretty much gives you double the HP at the cost of little bit of FP and occasional momentum loss is a valid tactic, so I don't want to completely negate it. Just make it bit less reliable.

I propose a cap of 85% trigger chance.
This is probably the most reasonable change I've seen suggested. A lot of people want it capped much, MUCH lower, to the point that it does basically negate the skill's usefulness. While I'd miss my 90+% WG on the very few characters I've managed to accomplish it on, I also understand why a cap is a good idea, and I support this suggestion.
*loud burp*
There's ways to stop it (Steal and Null Shell), but I do agree with a cap of 85%, since Wraithguard is pretty good and the cap won't totally wreck it. But, 85% is the lowest I'd like to see it go, personally, with maybe a maximum of 90% (having 100% wraithguard chance is pretty strong, I'll admit).
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5687#p5687 Wrote:Sarinpa1 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:34 am[/url]"]Wraithguard could use sort of a cap.

I've said this a thousand times. Though I think 75% would be fair, considering it's a 3 of 4 chance for it to proc for any type of damage taken, and how it can be stacked with Shared Pain for Bonders to make them take only 25% damage instead of half. Same kind of applies for DW install and physical damage, Voidveil with VA, an a bunch of other combination skills with class synergies. Plus, nobody uses Pain Proof because WG is so ridiculous right now.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
I don't think it should just be more up to RNG, especially since getting 50 RES and 36 LUC isn't quite as easy as you think.
Instead of gutting the chance for it to proc, it should just be less effective instead. 30% damage reduction sounds fine.

Also, nobody uses Painproof for the same reason combatants always use it: because it's a terrible skill.
I think reducing the effectiveness to 30% would be much more effective than an activation cap.

This way it's still a reliable damage reduction, without battles relying on the amount of times it procs.