Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trait Suggestion for Weapon Skills
So, as of now, some weapon skills default to the main-hand weapon (Repel), while some default to the weapon with more power (Cutthroat). This behavior is inconsistant, and annoying, as there's no way to control which weapon you attack with after a battle starts.

So, I suggest making the system default to using the main-hand weapon for skills when two are available, and making a trait that gives a toggle-ability (Or 0M, scaling per-use ability) that swaps the weapons in one's main and sub slot. This way, you can use whichever weapon you want for skills, or passives.
I am 100% in agreement for a toggle trait to choose which weapon you use.

Take Arbalest/Anything with a General weapon Skill (Repel, Banquet, etc) for example. You NEED that bow in the main weapon slot because of how Arbalest works, but that also means those other skills will use the bow (and it's hilariously bad hit penalty) and basically be unusable.
*loud burp*
Here is the new behavior in the next update.

It will always use the main weapon, if it fits the criteria.
If not, it will use the sub weapon, if it fits the criteria.

Easy, consistent, not hard to understand.
But what if you want to use a different weapon while dual-wielding, or using non-specific weapon skills?
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5675#p5675 Wrote:MegaBlues » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:55 pm[/url]"]But what if you want to use a different weapon while dual-wielding, or using non-specific weapon skills?

This is the big one. Bow hit penalty downright makes Vampire archers non-viable, and of course there's still skills like Repel, Hanging, Ether Invitation, etc, and putting the bow in your offhand is not an option because of how Arbalests work.
*loud burp*
Didn't I suggest weapon exchange like a thousand times already? Oh well, something's happening at least.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!