Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stamina Ideas
Physical Stamina could be used when:
-crafting weapons/armor (probably take as much stamina as the difficulty level?)
-mining
-fishing (could maybe use Mental too, as someone who fishes)
-clearing Beast Marks (although it should probably be based off character level for consumption)
-carrying over capacity for too long (like -1 per 25 steps maybe? I dunno)
-being "Hungry" (completely empty food bar) for more than 3 hours (-2 per hour, perhaps? Wouldn't affect Doriad, Vampire, Lich, Mechanation, Dullahan. Could also see this affecting Mental, if you're constantly thinking about your next meal)

Mental Stamina could be used when:
-gambling (CLARIFICATION: Goes up when you win, down when you lose.)
-crafting Alchemy items/Enchanting (probably take as much stamina as the difficulty level?)
-initially entering a BDP ("Am I mentally prepared to face all this weird shit?" probably about BDP lvl/10 consumption)
-gathering from Alchemy nodes. As suggested by Sarinpa1, because it would be a "spot and tell apart" thing.
-carrying lots of Murai. Maybe regen an extra +1 per 10,000 murai you carry (since apparently it's sooo easy to get Murai. I just have a hole in my pocket.)
-losing a fight (PVE only for now) since you also lose some murai and maybe items

I could see some of these idea spawning new item effects for new and current items (the cloak that prevents Fear at a certain percent could reduce Mental drain when entering BDPs, different fishing rods and baits affecting Physical drain, better pickaxe less Physical drain, etc), as well as effects for new and current races (Chata/Imperial humans less Physical drain for armor and weapons, Tannis human less drain for bows, Lispool/Karaten humans/Elves less drain for Alchemy/Enchanting, Onigan less drain from gambling, Kaelensian less drain from clearing Beast Marks, Shaitan less drain from BDP, etc).

More ideas welcome, of course.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
A lot of this should not happen. You should especially not use up mental stamina for rolling dice into a bowl. And you should NOT use mental stamina just to enter a BDP.

Reason being, as much as it works as an interesting "game mechanic", it kills some things for crafting related characters (and I'm not talking about from gathering resource nodes). Yeah logically, hammering metal for hours and all is tiring, but it's annoying to have to wait for your stamina to charge back up (when you're too full to eat) just to continue pounding metal to get your metalwork level up, or fill out some orders for work. The same applies for other crafts.

For now, it should stay related to gathering nodes.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Cleaning up Black Beast damage was one I was considering too.
Aside from entering BDP, I like all the mentioned suggestions. The overencumberance might be worth tweaking, due to people that lack foresight when they LE.
Cleaning up spots in raids is sort of necessary now that nobody actually kills mob patrols during the event.

But other things like crafting and minigame activities should not have a "you must have X amount in this stat to have a meter that drains for you doing an activity / minigame." Some may or may not logically make sense, but despite that, SL is still a game, roleplay or not, and the more you take away from the lack of what it has to make people want to do it less, then what's the point?

If we're going to make the game less about, "hey I want to go just kill everything in existence in BDPs" or who has the best powerhouse PvP character, why are we making the only other activities / minigames harder to do and less desirable than they already are?

The stamina system is interesting and all, but it shouldn't force you to have to take breaks in between crafting items and things just because you want something other to do than killing monsters all day long. And it really shouldn't make you require stamina just to roll dice into a bowl...
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Damn Ryu, if you that chill when you lose $500 gambling, I should go with you to keep you away from slots.

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
You don't have to reiterate your point a million times Ryu. Your opinion was made quite clear in your first post.
Breaks inbetween crafting items make perfect sense. Raising your metalcrafting to maximum in insanely short time period just because you have all materials you need shouldn't be possible. It's dumb on so many levels. There isn't a single time when you need large bundles of any gear at all, aside from grinding the exp. (Also maybe some Zeo based profit with the whole "buy ore, sell item to zeo" if that's even profitable. )

Edit : I believe gathering herbs could be a good thing for mental stamina decrease. After all, it's more of a "spot and tell apart" more than physical labor.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5801#p5801 Wrote:Ryu-Kazuki » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:07 pm[/url]"]Cleaning up spots in raids is sort of necessary now that nobody actually kills mob patrols during the event.

And it really shouldn't make you require stamina just to roll dice into a bowl...

But I do. That's all I've been doing the past month, because I finally LE'd a character and must continue to do so for the glory of SSS Rank. And I can say, I usually see 2-3 new people helping kill mobs as well every time. But that's off topic.

I put in some clarification on my reasoning for having that one there, and as always, Dev chooses whether or not to add it that way. My reasoning is, when people lose money, they become upset (as I witnessed in Reno, it was hilarious). Therefore, -Mental Stamina. However, upon winning money, they become more joyful, or relaxed. Therefore, +Mental Stamina. So, if you're winning more often than you're losing, you (as the gambler) would choose to keep playing. However, if you lose all your money and start trying to bet your house ticket, they (the establishment) probably won't let you. When you get to this point, you may be very upset, and start doing things they don't like. The establishment would want you to take a step back and stop, before you caused a scene.

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5808#p5808 Wrote:Sarinpa1 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:01 pm[/url]"]Breaks inbetween crafting items make perfect sense. Raising your metalcrafting to maximum in insanely short time period just because you have all materials you need shouldn't be possible. It's dumb on so many levels. There isn't a single time when you need large bundles of any gear at all, aside from grinding the exp. (Also maybe some Zeo based profit with the whole "buy ore, sell item to zeo" if that's even profitable. )

Edit : I believe gathering herbs could be a good thing for mental stamina decrease. After all, it's more of a "spot and tell apart" more than physical labor.

My thoughts are the same on that. And I added that thing about gathering herbs.