Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Download Ram Here
Right now, the Ram skill provided by the Goat Lord's Helm is...Not too good. It's basically just a better Kick, which in itself is outclassed by a lot of stuff as a repositioning tool, be it skills as simple as Repel or just plain old Bash. Making the accessory somewhat just outclassed by the Snake-Fanged Helmet.

Now, I'm not saying the skill the item provides should be godly, far from that, but I'd like for it to have some actual **use** rather than just having it be a higher damage kick.

My suggestion would be to give it a sort of Charging Strike.

Not exactly a Charging Strike effect per say since I don't really have in mind for it to require to use Movement, but :

If Charge is used before Ram, the user will dash in a straight line equal to Movement , which'll stop at  the foe, uses the Ram skill and knockbacks them ignoring immunity equal to a number of tiles equal to Crossed Tiles(/2 maybe ?) and with Crossed Tiles*4 bonus damage. 
( It could also KD if enough tiles have been crossed, but that might be way too strong ?)

(For clarification, by crossed tiles, I mean the number of tiles the user'll go through before the dash before meeting the opponent. Eg, if the opponent's 7 tiles away in a straight line and I can reach them using the Charged Ram, the numbers of crossed tiles will be 7)

I'm not too sure about this one since it basically requires Base Soldier to make the item better, but it's an idea I'm somewhat proud of. 
Though this could also simply be applied if wearing Goat Lord Hooves too without needing to use Charge beforehand, since those are useless outside of greedily hoarding a singular talent point. That, and it hardly makes sense two pieces of gear named after the Goat Loard aren't part of a same Set.
That's a good idea, but the effect shouldn't be solely tied to Charge, I feel. How about...

- Moving grants a buff that increases the damage of Ram by 10 per tile you move, up to a cap of Scaled STR. Upon using the skill, you will deal X blunt and pierce damage, split evenly.

- If you have moved more or equal than 3 squares, it will also have a stat-check chance to inflict Knockdown.

- If you have Charging Strike active, it will gain a bonus effect: The knockback cannot be resisted. If the knockback is interrupted by a solid object, they will take (Charging Strike damage) damage as Blunt damage. If the object is an enemy, the enemy also takes the same damage and is knocked down. (Infliction chance is 80% of original in this case).
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
This skill isn't really a ram helm skill. Its a racial for Zerans and Reaper and Aspertauren, first and foremost. The damage isn't amazing, but its not supposed to be amazing. Its a low investment racial that ignores evasion, similar to the shaitan grapple thing, without the chance of a failed grapple, and with no cooldown. Most dodgers, which are who you'd use it against have unarmored armor, and take the boosted damage. If you're building strength, 90 unevadable damage isn't amazing but I also don't think its awful, either. I've used it before on my Aspertauren.

I also am against split evenly damage, as that tends to make skills awful.
Inflicting knockdown just for moving on an unevadable is also something i'm entirely against.
The damage being buffed a bit is probably fine, but this is a racial skill, and racial skills don't knockdown with the only exception being Omina's yellow misfortune, which takes a LOT of charge up and costs 3m to ONLY knockdown. Racial skills also don't specifically need specific classes to get their full effects.

A damage boost that maybe scales with sanctity since it is a racial skill is about as far as i'd go for it, honestly.
Honestly I'd double the damage on it. It has to contend with reductions unlike the forementioned shaitan grapple.

Either that or make it so anything that applies a bonus to Kick applies to the Ram skill too. If I had to pick, I'd go with the latter honestly.