Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Riposte Fu
If you are attempting to do an air combo on someone with Riposte.. If you use the attack that knocks them airborne (or yourself) and they Turn Interrupt you because they got 1 or 2 momentum from it..

You and they both fall back to the ground. Completely cancelling out and ruining any attempt at a combo.

Which, frankly, is stupid.
Simple solution is just making Riposte unable to activate while you are Airborne, Frozen or Knocked Down.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • MothEnthusiast
Or, and this is the much more hot take.

Have Airborne last until New Round.

This definitely WILL not have any repercussions.
I'm all for anything that knocks Riposte down a peg, personally. Along with the heinous multi-hit issues, them being able to riposte when knocked down is definitely another gripe I have with the skill.
i think a solution that doesn't unnecessarily nerf riposte would be much better
maybe making it so hitting end turn doesn't end your airborne status also works just fine
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
It should just not remove airborne when you get your turn stolen. No need to nerf riposte imo (even though it is pretty strong)
Just seems like how it's supposed to work, when your turn ends your airborne status ends, and so does an opponent's, changing that changes many other things. I don't think its terribly ill-designed personally. But it doesn't matter what direction it goes in, I'd rather riposte not be further nerfed and for airborne to not carry over between turns though personally.
I do believe autumn missed the point here. If a riposte happens during a midair reaver combo or verglas combo or anything using airborn. The opponenr can crit or proc weak for 1m or more and the turn switches to them now before all 7m of the comboer has been used, opponent clicks end turn and their airborn ends making the comboer have nothing left to do with their remaining 3-4m.

Im all for making end turn simply not end airborn, instead airborn checks when a round ends then passes.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water