Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skip
Skip needs to be something that just everyone has, it doesn't make sense as a trait tbh.

Also, because of a few chat bugs, I've gotten screwed over by skip a couple times, take this one for example.

I was facing somebody and they took their turn and skipped on 1 momentum, the message for skip never showed on my end, I thought they had ended their turn, but they hadn't so they used the 1m from skipping to instantly get up from the knockdown, and I didn't even know they had skipped.

(notice how they get up before round 6)
[Image: ff15a823c3.png]

Would it be possible for an icon to appear above someone's head when they're skipping? To make stuff like this not end up happening? Chat bugs end up happening very often.
Honestly, yeah. At least most of the people I know agree that skip should be automatic- it's pretty much required to have any chance of winning in PvP, and is super useful in PvE.
Also, especially in lag? Chat bugs are super common indeed, and posts disappearing is a frequent thing.
Supported entirely.
Yep, Skip is a monster of a trait, in that if you don't have it, you will -definitely- lose to someone who does. It absolutely trashes PvE for this reason, as well.

I support making it more obvious when it's used, as it's very common strategy to randomly skip, or skip literally every turn you get in hopes the enemy won't notice for an easy win (or in this case, skip on near-unusuable momentum to guard against momentum loss to a knockdown).
I've also had Skip count against a Stun from a Bandit Bruiser. Accidentally skip on 2M instead of end turn. Get stunned. Stun costs me my last 2M. I get my next turn as normal. Trust me, I was NOT complaining. I'd have died if it went down any other way. (I was flanked by 2 before their head cracker was given a longer cooldown and 2 could stunlock you.)

I'd have zero complaints making it more obvious. Like have the dots from repairs over a skipping character's head.
*loud burp*
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13175#p13175 Wrote:Trexmaster » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:46 pm[/url]"]
. . . I support making it more obvious when it's used. . .

Doesn't Skip proc a Status Icon and Status Effect on the Examine of whoever uses it?

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13175#p13175 Wrote:Trexmaster » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:46 pm[/url]"]
. . . , or skip literally every turn you get. . .

Admittedly. . . Fern has got me in the habit of Skipping after the enemy moves regardless, even if it's basically a null action.

----

Overall, I'd have to say I think it's apparent enough the way it is. You're supposed to be observant in battle and if you lag through your enemies' turn you should always backtrack the best you can- at least taking note of their buffs/effects they have so you can piece together what they did (this being in regards to PvP, at least).

Although making it universal, I'd support 110%. It just feels like the kind of thing that should already be hard-wired into the game mechanics.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Its a simple change that makes things a lot more clarifying, I don't see as to why it shouldn't show a little icon above your head when you are skipping your turn, and as I just provided, usually I am observant of this until you know, skip is eaten up by the chat log and I'd lose out on a KD or stun because of this, I was not lagging in any way, sometimes the chat log just eats these things.
I would actually suggest making both skip and tactician passives to all and just remove two total points overall (or keep them...either or). In an effort to not derail this though, I see skip as something everyone can do not something you should have to invest in. ie. I can just stand there and wait...why's it have to be a trait?
[Image: b89f62f8ce.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_m7g6clz79C1rpqqpz.gif] I'm also still Batman.
I agree with everything posted until this useless post of mine, yes.
It should be a normal option, not a trait-worth one. And it also should get more indications the opponent is skipping, to make the game a bit fair, as Spooks said. Chat logs eat emotes and Say all the time, and sometimes it does so to battle text, confirmed. And skip's only 'useful' if the opponent doesn't pay attention/doesn't have the trait/PvE because monsters can't skip.
Some people are not mechanically used to be swapping tabs to check text unless if it was an actual typed text, I really doubt someone would be tryhard/patient enough to take 3 minutes/all turn timer to perform an action in PvP all the time.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Well, as far as the visual representation, I added the '...' that you get while fishing as an overlay for skip. So there you go.