Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desperado Stance and Combination Fighter
This doesn't work well together. Unlike most melee weapons, guns can't reach insane amounts of natural SWA, and given their unique GUI scaling, it makes them not play ball with other weapons, therefore, in a dual-wielding scenario where you're trying to balance out SWA of both a melee weapon and a firearm, the firearm ends up having less potency in particular.

Combination Fighter, as per the latest Demon Hunter update, made it so you can further mix Desperado and Reaver, but Guns and lowered damage as explained above, don't go well together. The numbers you get on both Lead Storm and Nitrogen Drop are sharply dropped and you don't got more skills to continue your ranged onslaught if your main hand is a melee, while Reaver boasts Chaser, Rising Tide, Double Down, Elemental Rave and the entirety of Soldier's offensive skills to cast aside the fact it is doing reduced damage.

So!

Please make it so Combination Fighter does not reduce the damage from Desperado Stance offensive skills, only the momentum cost. 

This will make it so Demon Hunter can be a proper dual-wielding class.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I use a melee weapon/firearm myself and I can safely say; you kinda don't have much SWA on either if you're trying to balance both so I don't see the logic entirely. Nitrogen Drop has plenty of synergy with Reaver and can even combo into Matador with combination fighter along with being an evade ignore(?).

I'm all for buffing dual wielding, especially this specific scenario since I've been doing it for a year at this point; but removing the damage penalty on desperado solely is just going to add more weird inconsistencies and be overall unintuitive.

Instead, it could just be the first stance shift (once per unique stance) that reduces the penalty from combination fighter by a bit if you quick swap between them. IE: Chaser>Nitrogen Drop>Crashing Bull

While this buffs combination fighter in general, dual wielding builds and gun focused builds will get the most use out of it and I think it'd be a neat way to encourage using all of your stances for offense instead of dipping into a few solely for some utility.
Personally I'm of the opinion that combo fighter should be reducing the effective armor of the opponent by the same amount you reduce your own SWA. Having a high-armor opponent can make it so you're losing damage by going for a combination fighter combo, Reaver or otherwise. So if you're at 50% damage, then the enemy's armor only counts for 50% as well, etc.

Or maybe going as far as 50% at 25% reduction and 100% armor ignore at 50% reduction. Wink wink nudge nudge.
[-] The following 2 users Like MothEnthusiast's post:
  • Miller, Snake