Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Version 2.80 v3] Not Bait
It seems bait for fishing has been broken for some time now? Apparently using any kind of bait to try and narrow the pool of what you fish doesn't actually increase or decrease the odds of receiving anything. This has been said to be broken for almost a year now though whether or not that holds true isn't really something I know. 

No. I'm wrong about the bait part. It's not that bait is bugged. After testing it a bit more. It seems that the Super Rod just doesn't acknowledge what bait you use, while the Old Rod does. Its the Super Rod that is bugged.

What actually happens is that you can equip any tier of bait, it gets consumed and you're likely to get the same results as if you had just used the normal worm bait. In 5 tries with Worms, I've gotten Large Eels, squids and trout. Yet in about 7 tries with Frog bait. I've only gotten TWO Pufferfish.
[Image: image.png?ex=65a4331f&is=6591be1f&hm=74d...f20334da3&]
I think fishing in general has been messed up since the events got cached. I've made some changes to fix that in 2.81 v5 (testing server), so do give it a good run through when you see that version up.