Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taunt
Something that is fundamentally a problem with tanking is that people want to tank, but sometimes the only option is to run up and press that 7M guard button, which makes EMs account for it and creates a bit of a vicious cycle.

What I'd like to see is an ability that that acts somewhat similar to Incognito, in that it only applies to PvE.

Taunt:
For 3m, creates a circle (2) radius around the user, increasing their mob agro to max, and giving 5 HP regen per turn for 2 turns.
Cooldown of 3 turns.
[-] The following 2 users Like Caboozles's post:
  • Fern, Poruku
For 3m drawing aggro and just getting 5 hp regen, up to 10 hp total here out of it, that's just an underwhelming button to me, especially with a limited range component. Even if you're trying to tank for others this just reads like a waste of momentum, something like an increase in DR for the duration to help you weather the additional heat would be nice here, or it just being 1m so it's not a full action on just aggro drawing.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
Imo an aggro pull should just be reverse incognito - where it just passively makes enemies more likely to target you, based on rank.
[Image: orDF4cJ.jpg]
Putting it as a passive on Soldier (which, on the old class board, was OPPOSITE from Rogue) is something I'd rather see.

Just a 1-point passive. "Enemies are more likely to target you."

This still won't help with Tank Position stuff, but it'll make enemies waddle to you, rather than towards the mage that just so happens to be SW 20 tiles away.
Yeah, I agree. Either that, or if the logic behind is a little bad, make it something like:

Quote:High Profile

Toggleable Passive. Use every mean possible to get an enemy's attention. Monsters in battle will treat your allies as low priority target, making them more likely to attack and approach you. This does not work if you have Incognito equipped, or Sneak active.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I think it should definitely be an active skill. Otherwise when your tanking goes awry you're gonna start getting chased until you're dead. This also brings up the issue of kiting tanking being possible which sounds pretty good and not very fun
(06-09-2024, 03:39 PM)Poruku Wrote: I think it should definitely be an active skill. Otherwise when your tanking goes awry you're gonna start getting chased until you're dead. This also brings up the issue of kiting tanking being possible which sounds pretty good and not very fun

Passive skills have toggles.
Yeah but the issue is being able to tank from all the way across the entire map passively. It should have a range and a duration imo, otherwise it would make no sense and cause problems of balance due to cheese potential
That isn't how incognito works.

Incognito doesn't make you immune to attacks if you have it. If you ARE in range of an enemy (Even if they are far enough away that Incognito is active), they will still attack you.

The only instance where what you are talking about would work is if the enemies are not in range of anyone, and the taunter has priority. This exact same scenario already happens with Incognito as is.
Yeah but this assumes your enemies have ranged attacks. Melee enemies could be safely engaged from a distance while they chase around the tank. Though I guess if it's a % chance it wouldn't be reliable which would be kinda annoying. As a tank I would much prefer pushing a button that guarantees aggro in a large aoe