Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dancer and Statusinfliction
Dancers are balanced around the idea that they get serval infliction chances, but for that their infliction rate is very low.

This leads to the problem, that even when you max out your Status infliction, that the base resist most mobs in dungeons have in higher level content, is way over their total infliction rate, ending up giving you a zero infliction chance.

I think there should be ways for dancers to get a better infliction rate, be it by an icreased chance, based on your Current Tempo or some other means. But dungeoning or fighting highlevel content as a Dancer feels kinda bad, as you can never rely on your status effects to procc. I honestly rather have a single infliction chance with a chance, than 29 with zero chance.

(also give us a Black Knight like MC passives that allows us to charm the uncharmable, Blow kiss is nerfed enough now, I believe. Just make it so that Bosses still try to attack you, but the DR would make my soft bones hurt less.)
Playing dancer, I never thought "man I wish my status inflict was better"

I always think "man I wish I had a hit buff and an evade buff that lasts more than 1 attack"
In short: Skill Issue.

Without wanting to sound like a troll: You can hyper-tune your hit rate on dancers easier than most, without losing any damage. ->Staff of Eyes, now Armor of eyes, Bloodhunt on up to two weapons.  (I lied, apperently bloodhunt doesn't work. But Dances ignore smoketiles, so thats something) Capping hit-buff is easy. also ending your dances behind fast opponents gives you the flanking too. so I don't know, Dancer is to me atleast one of the easier to build for hit, while I wouldn't mind some innate support, it actually has more options than most already.

You can't do that on Staus infliction. You might aswell not have staus effects at all, cause in high level content their natural status res is easily above 130+. The only status effect you have a small chance of inflicting is basically charm if you pick up the boosting traits. all others realistically can not apply. cause even with 200 Status infliction, which you won't have unless you combine it with hexer, is 110. I do not think its asked too much to have some options for a class thats archetype is usually very support/status oriented to actually have a chance of applying them.

and most dancers will have lower infliction rates than that. heck, even natasha with basically almost hardcapped wil and high ski has like 190ish.
Huh thanks for the tips. Well, that's fair. I do think the infliction being 50% but split over many hits is kinda weird. Maybe it should be like, it only does one inflcition check based on 20% of you infliction per hit of the dance. So if you have 5 hits it's 100%