Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking Ghostwind
So I got to thinking that ghostwind is a decent skill for people with will. But ghosts don't have will, generally. At least, their growths have nothing to do with will. So maybe instead it could be changed to something that they do have IE resistance? I don't think that would be too strong or too weak, given that most ghosts don't get more than 50+ resistance and nothing less than 30.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
I don't like the growing trend of defensive stats being used for attacking, so I don't support this.
I have a ghost who has WIL; typically on all my characters my training-classes are different from my combat-classes. Personally, I think it should stay as is, so it can support a further amount of builds than just resistant-high people or the like.
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
I don't think having a magic-based character who uses ghost should justify not making some sort of change. And the class has one other WIL-based 'spell'. But it can be agreed that comparatively, Ghostwind is very similar to a Hexer spell. It'd be a nice addition for Ghosts to have at least one RES-based offensive skill, because there are plenty defense and celerity-based ones. Even a vit-based attack. Gravestone looks awfully funky and revolves around the claret call mechanic; it feels like the core of a melee-damage set up. Slightly off-topic, but.. I believe that if Ghostwind shouldn't be RES-based, then the Gravestone could fit that niche. A res-based magic attack that rewards Ghosts sticking to the roots. And magic hybrids can still enjoy the Ghostwind spell.
I concur when everyone says RES should not be used for Offensive skills. It's a defensive stat for a reason.

On top of that, I don't see what's wrong with having certain skills cater to different synergies of fighting, Black Bolt, as an example, only does adequate damage when you have WIL. There's nothing wrong with making Offensive spells regardless of class, require WIL.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!