Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out-of battle skill use - Plausible implemention inside.
It's no secret that it's stupid that, say, a medic can't just use graft outside of battle. However, it's also no secret that HP and FP recovery moves could be abused in tandem to ensure every single battle is entered at max HP/FP. As such, I've come up with a system to allow some skills to be used outside of battle.

- One trait would be learned. This trait would enable you to use one "Map Skill" 5 times between inn visits.
- Map skills would be set as items, to be used via Shael's utility belt.
- Map skills would be unique to your main promoted class. You cannot use your sub-class's skill.
- Map skills would consume HP, FP, or a combination.

Some ideas for these skills:

Bonder: Refreshes all youkai (since they lack Spirit Regeneration or Reihou)
Void Assassin: Lose 50% Max HP to start the next battle with 60 void energy (Encourage void poisoning RP!)
Verglas: Create a wall of ice behind you to block monsters in pursuit.
Black Knight: Sacrifice 10% of your max HP to gain an equal amount back in FP. (Example: 500 HP = 50 HP lost = 50 FP gained)

Etc.

While some class combos may be seemingly exploitable (Example: Skills costing HP to get FP back can be mitigated by having a way to heal at the start of the next fight) the fact that you can only use them 5 times per inn visit limits exploitability somewhat, and would make your main class far more important overall. This would also allow classes that require specific resources (like Void Energy, or maybe even essence for vampires) to approach RP scenarios more freely without needing to wander off to build them up first.
*loud burp*
Not a bad idea, with the exception of the suggested Verglas thing blocking paths of players (unless maybe a pickaxe could break it, but still, eh..).

Also the thing with just walking out of a BDP, switching your main, and using every unlocked classes special thing.

Pretty neat, otherwise.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
Yeah, it's just a very rough idea at this point, but I thought I'd throw it forward anyways, to get opinions.

Thanks for the feedback, Miv!
*loud burp*
We could use stamina and mental stamina as fuel for skills outside of battle, how about?
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
What Sawrock suggested would actually work out nicely I'd say, since there is very little use for mental stamina at the moment.

Yeah this seems like a pretty swell idea and saves on annoying inn trips, risking the dungeon you found accidentally de-spawning.