Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fan Tome Buffing
This thread refers to the four 8* fan tomes: Baihurai, Qinglongram, Xuanwuken, Zhuquelare

[Image: b9d39ba4fd.png]

As you can see in the picture is an example of the tomes, in terms of Power, these fans are incredibly weak with a base of a mere 2 Power, even less than the 1* tomes.

While these fans do give you +10% Power to certain spell types, they are not worth using except maybe off-hand as a small boost to a main-hand tome with high Power. I feel for an 8* item, it does not do its rarity justice.

So I think it should have a large boost to its Power, say making the Base Power 12 instead of 2, Pristine Pages and upgrading it to +6 would raise it to 20 Power (22 if Divine/25 if Rustic). While this still has less Power than other tome options, when using a specific element, it has a clear advantage over the others, making them much more appealing of an option.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
I noticed this too. I was excited to get a *8 rarity fan tome from the Black Beasts only to be 2 power... They're so useless compared to rebelling *1 tomes.
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
I don't mind buffing their Power a little, but something to keep in mind is that these act as a multiplier for all Power bonuses. Arcane Formation, your WIL bonus, the skill's Power bonus, materials and effects that boost spell Power, -mancy bonuses, Aposemagika, Chain Cast, and Rabbit Foot. These are all increased by the percentage modifier.