Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Status Damage (poison/burn)
Is it possible that they could be changed from physical/magic damage to a non-physical/magical damage? As Poison will gather rage from matador for about no reason.
This would be nice. It also gives black knights free resistance to poison with indomitable, but more importantly, allows them to proc Prophylaxis and Sudden Death off of poison (including the 0 damage poison of Fugu).

Anyway, getting THE HORNS because you poked the bull with a poison dart seems counterintuitive. Poison serves as a rage generator [strike]and is negated to roughly half effectiveness from Feel No Pain[/strike]. Seeing as Matador certainly doesn't need buffs, it would be nice to see this change go in. However, that could just be my own bias.

EDIT: Seems this particular part was fixed a while back.
1) Wasn't Know No Pain changed to not work with poison, a few updates ago? Was it changed back?

2) Even if it wasn't, I know I'd be pretty freaking pissed about being poisoned, considering.
*loud burp*
The effect still procs rage is the thing, since it does physical damage, and apparently black wind, ogata waraji/anything that reduces %physical damage
Could we instead have poison and other status effect damage not count towards matador?
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
Why would status damage not build up Rage? KNP only generates Rage if it takes off any physical damage, but Matador will proc rage from all damage. I also don't see why people should get a free pass around Matador's rage generation when it not only takes so long to build up, but when the whole point of the skill is to get RE off receiving damage.

Now, if KNP is somehow creating rage from Poison, then yeah, that shouldn't happen.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
If someone poisoned me and was dealing damage to me. I'd be pretty pissed off too.
Matador will generate rage energy from all damage, as Chaos said. Making it magic damage won't change that. Know No Pain already already does not trigger from status damage.

I can change Prophylaxis and Sudden Death to behave similarly if necessary, though.