Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Semote
So now that we finally have Wemote, I'm just throwing the idea for Semote out there.

Wemote: A subtle action not easily noticeable at a distance. For example, attempting to pickpocket someone; only people close by would have a chance of noticing.
Emote: A normal action
Semote: A blatant action that can be noticed at a range. For example, starting a campfire in the forest, so people off-screen can see the smoke. Or, large dramatic flailing motions discernable from a range beyond that of standard speech. (Such as: Faceplanting, spazzing out, brandishing weapons, etc)

My logic: My eyes aren't amazing (I wear glasses) and my ears are amazing (I live on the 8th floor and I can hear the elevator beep all the way down to the basement, from down the hall) and I can still see people at a better distance than I can hear them IRL. For example, if a car runs a light, I can't hear what the pedestrian trying to cross is shouting at the driver, but I can clearly see them making rude gestures. I just thought it could be cool for RP purposes to have some emotes noticeable from farther away.
*loud burp*
lemote
Oh, is it already a thing? I'll need to go try that.

Go figure, I tried semote because shout.

EDIT: You were right. My bad. Sorry!
*loud burp*