Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pillar-Lamp Layering Issue (Solved - Thanks Dev)
Disclaimer: I am not sure if this affects any other objects layered together but from my experimentation with bushes, these seem to be the only so far. If anyone else has further information please post on here.

So recently I've been redesigning my house setup to vaguely seem Dormeho-ish. While working on the basement, I decided I wanted to try placing multiple pillars in the area with lamps on top of them. After some fiddling with Layers I eventually came across this:

[Image: gahKVee.png]

-Both Pillars are set at Layer 2.
-Both spots have lamps.
-The Left has a Lamp on Layer 300.
-The Right has a Lamp on Layer 30.

It seems like every time I try to place the lamps at 30-flat they will initially register and will inevitably 'bug out' (this has always happened while I was away from the House Level so I cannot say what the exact cause is).

Lastly, I recall someone mentioning to set the Layer Level of the lamps obscenely high (like 30000) or something so part of me imagines this may have been an issue before?
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Not a bug, the reason this occurs is because the pillar is a build-up object with its own layering preferences, namely to make sure it appears right when player characters step behind it. If you want the lamp to appear above the pillar, just set a higher layer.