Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toggle for Risposte.
Just wanted to test the waters with this, with the addition of Evitter/Flottment it's given Duelist the use of Toggles. I was wanting to see the general opinion on Risposte getting it's own toggle (mind you, I don't mean connecting it to the other two - just for it to have it's own separate toggle).
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
That would be nice. Having your x 3 charged weapon being stalemated due to your character just being completely committed to throwing attacks back despite their IC wishes is annoying.

I fully support!
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
Yeah, and a certain insane race can abuse the hell out of this Riposte flaw by burping butterflies to make you waste your charges. Double score if you don't have the Excel must-have kit and had to charge manually.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I've thrown my support behind every Riposte Toggle thread in the past, even back on the old forums, and I'll do so again. Even if it seems unlikely to ever happen considering how many threads have been made.

Scenarios in which Riposte is absolutely infuriating:

- An IC spar between two people, with one holding back so they can see how much the other has learned, but they didn't think to unequip riposte. "Oops, I instinctively kicked your butt via reflex!" Not even kidding, this happens more than you might think. While the "core" of the community is about that speed grinding for optimal level 60 PVP, there's definitely also those who prefer for the grind to be more casual and focusing more on the roleplay without being some incredible powerhouse literally overnight. Neither method is wrong, of course, but it's true that a level 60 taking a level 5 under their wing and then checking to see how much they've grown by level 30 tends to have this happen more often than not.

- Aposemagicka. Not only are you forced to riposte butterfly illusions and possibly even be steered around by them via Flottement, potentially into damage tiles or even wasting weapon charges if using an Excel weapon... but you'll also be riddled with free, low level status ailments for it. It's kinda dumb, really. A lot of the time, when I see complaints about Papillions, I'm tempted to scoff and go "git gud" because it's not usually too hard to work around the illusions, but this is definitely like the one scenario in which the illusions are potentially just a bit much.

- ELECTROJAMS. I shouldn't even need to say more, but I'm sure someone will try to tell me it's not a big deal, so I kind of need to. Look at the damage formula on wired. Those lightning counters can get INSANE. There's ways to get around it as a duelist, yes, such as Crystal Rose, Cyclone Spear, most Kensei skills, many Ghost skills, etc. But on the electrojam's turn, you're straight boned. Skill% + Bonus chance to counter means as your level goes up, and as they do more damage with Wired, it becomes increasingly more suicide to fight them. Honestly, it's NOT an exaggeration to say Electrojams played a part in the prevalence of Grindmages, doubly so since the most efficient AOEs for grinding are both hitting a weakness. It'd be one thing if it JUST took melee classes 3x longer to win fights, but Electrojams are easily a breaking point for Riposte users.

- Dragon Swords. If your main weapon is a Narcus, for example, you can use Stab to do pierce damage instead of fire damage to get around Fire Absorption/Resist, like any fireblood enemy, red letter user, hyattr, etc. It's a critical tool to not get walled out on some more gimmicky builds like Ensui + River Sword. But the counter will ALWAYS use the default damage type. This means riposte can murder your momentum and leave you at a crippling disadvantage, doubly so if you hit a resist. Considering there's no way to change weapons mid battle, this is absolutely crippling.

Honestly? If it wasn't for the fact that Riposte is downright essential, the above points would seriously make me consider not using it at all. I don't think it's unreasonable to not want the above to make your regret playing as a duelist.
*loud burp*