Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pillow Shot
Skills that don't require a weapon type do not scale properly with guns, before the great reckoning this was balanced by guns being very powerful on their own, and having their own unique scaling compared to most weapons, but now with most weapons having different scalings all together, and guns being more balanced by going vs defense, I think it's time we discuss on if guns can properly scale with these skills now..

Skills include all skills with a basic attack proc, hanging, Repel, etc.

I think this to more than fair by the reasons listed above: Guns go vs defense, Shells have been nerfed a bit in the past, most of these skills are not long ranged, while guns like to remain afar from their opponent.

Also from a logical perspective, bows and tomes are allowed to have full scaling on these skills, guns were exempt from this before because of how they worked, but I only think its fair that guns can use all of these skills properly, mostly considering guns and bows can be compared to being similar, except bows will work with these skills
I agree, I was so disappointed when I was trying to Martial Lawbreaker a gun and the damage was absolute trash even post GR. I mean, if I can get my scaling with a bow or tome when using soldier skills, why not when I beat them with the gun? (Or in the case of that character, the limb the gun is stowed inside, but that's irrelevant.)
Normal hit
[Image: bf6651c1c0164c24814c1a8d3edb021a.png]
Riposte (note how it was only 1 shell. Not even the full round.)
[Image: fad60e2d364943f5851ce17993cd4cca.png]

This is mostly the reason gun autohits suck too. (Looking at you, Engineer.)

You fire at people when you're triggering a riposte.

It does pierce damage. It activates the shell effects. But it uses only the weapon's power? Where's the SKI? Where's the predicted 80 power? Why am I doing 30 damage equal to the undivided gun's power instead of the bullet? There's something wrong with it. And fixing it will also fix Engineer's autohits. Two birds, one stone.

Make guns use their actual scaled power in autohits and basic hit procs, please.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
This has been tormenting me since back when the newest class was KENSEI.

+1 for my support for changing it.
*loud burp*
I wouldn't expect this to change. For some of these it doesn't make sense to be using a gun in the first place (Repel) unless you were hitting them with the gun itself, which would of course mean it shouldn't get its scaling because you're not actually 'shooting' it.

Not to mention it would be a headache and a half for me for minimal gains.
I just don't see why guns would be any different than bows or tomes in this case.
They're not, and maybe these skills should be changed to martial weapons only, but that's just how it is for now.
Then I can accept that, it was worth a shot, and thank you for replying.