Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cross-class armor
Could it be possible for the armors you receive in Argentyle caverns to grant you a skill from that class as well? You lose out on the bonus stats but you also gain a powerful skill from their repertoire, also it promotes character diversity.

Here was what I was thinking:

Knight's armor - Protect
Duelist's Chestguard - Riposte
Thief's Poncho - Pocket Sand
Caster's Cape - Blink
Tamer's Regalia - Cracked Mirror (The only skill compatable with other classes)
Farmer's Shirt - Meditate
Healer's Shroud - Graft
Sniper's Chainmail - Entangle Trap (Again, the only compatable skill with other classes)
I'm assuming these would be locked at Rank 1 or?--

I suppose if we were to give them higher Ranks, I'd like to see more of a cost to upgrade them.... like a lot more.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Locked at rank 1 would be ideal for stuff like entangle trap, riposte and graft, however it'd raise problems for blink and cracked mirror, so I leave that entirely up to people who reply to this thread, or to Dev, since I'm mixed on the matter, also they are 8 star, they cost a lot to upgrade already.
> Graft (80% Light ATK + 100% WPN ATK for healing, at rank 1)
> Mediate (200% Scaled SKI for healing, at rank 1)
> "promote character diversity"

This sounds like 'Let me have one of the most useful skills from x class w/o having to use x class!', which encourages powergaming and not character diversity. I would personally enjoy something more like:

Quote:Knight's armor - Protect
Duelist's Chestguard - Riposte
Thief's Poncho - Pocket Sand
Caster's Cape - Blink
Tamer's Regalia - Cracked Mirror (The only skill compatable with other classes)
Farmer's Shirt - Heaven Kick
Healer's Shroud - Rescue
Sniper's Chainmail - Entangle Trap (Again, the only compatable skill with other classes)

This would give value to otherwise arguably sub-par armor without messing with the class dynamic, which better accomplishes your goal with this topic. Having all of them at max rank seems fine to me, too.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
Even at Rank 1, Riposte seems a little too powerful for the skillset too... (Soft-capping SKI would still have around 50% or more to riposte after racial/class bonuses, right?) The idea in general does seem pretty interesting, though.
Keep in mind how valuable your torso slot is for these armors, Heaven kick and rescue do not seem like good compatability considering that graft itself scales well with faith and tomes, making it useful to say a summoner who isn't running priest, meditate itself is not too overwhelming anymore and costs 6m to use, I believe these to be fair.
This would be great for at least making those armors worth using. Right now they're not worth even keeping in your bank.
They're just pretty icons to add to your house/free raremetal woo-hoo right now. Eyup, they 'still' have more use potential (numero one reason being their good looking icons) rather than being so overwhelming 'simple'.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]