Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A tweak to mage enchants.
Currently: Being enchanted with any elemental, such as Nerhaven, will prohibit any other enchantment. You also cannot be enchanted with the same elemental again to "refresh" the duration until it is completely expired. This can be especially problematic if, say, an ally has maxed duration talents and misclicks due to lag.

Suggestion: Allow a second enchant to overwrite the first. So you can use a lull in the action to refresh or change as needed. It takes 3m, so it's not like a gamechanging free action, and considering the new changes to mage/evoker spells, I believe it'd be a change for the better.
*loud burp*
I agree, I'd love this.
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
If you're a spellsword you can sort of work around this by throwing the enchant onto your shield, but that takes another 2M and basically eats up an action to do. I'd like to see this change implemented as well. It's hard enough making room in your skill pool for multiple enchantments, it shouldn't be this hard to use them too, right?
As a note. It says in the enchant something along the lines that you can "enchant" your enemies (for half the duration or something??? idr exact wording). This seems a bit weird.. considering you can't exactly enchant your enemies whatsoever.

But yeah. I could see using 3m to update/apply a new elemental spirit as something that could be useful.
"Rendar" Wrote:As a note. It says in the enchant something along the lines that you can "enchant" your enemies (for half the duration or something??? idr exact wording). This seems a bit weird.. considering you can't exactly enchant your enemies whatsoever.

I believe it just applies to steal.
I would love to be able to enchant enemies with an elemental. Grant them a buff, in exchange for applying the 25% elemental weakness. Give mages some counterplay against elemental resist stackers.
I disagree, the elemental lock-out is a definite intended risk factor.

"Rendar" Wrote:As a note. It says in the enchant something along the lines that you can "enchant" your enemies (for half the duration or something??? idr exact wording). This seems a bit weird.. considering you can't exactly enchant your enemies whatsoever.

But yeah. I could see using 3m to update/apply a new elemental spirit as something that could be useful.

Future proofing.
"Neus" Wrote:I disagree, the elemental lock-out is a definite intended risk factor.

While I can agree with the sentiment, it feels like most fights play out way too quickly for an elemental timing out to be a thing that happens in situations outside of stylish/crazy PVE, and spending almost half your sp to buy all the enchants, not to mention dedicating the skill slots to have them on-hand, is missing you out on a lot of options already. Why not just increase the weakness a little, or inflict some sort of debuff or damage for trying to overwrite an enchant with its opposing element?
On the one hand, Dev, I do agree with you that it prevents people from adapting to everything to covering their weakness; there's a definite risk and reward, for sure. However, sometimes, you just end up with... well... let's just say that an 8 turn Nerhaven from a careless ally who thought I'd appreciate the stats despite me having Elemental Augment and 60 fire attack has left me unable to kill firebloods without just running away nonstop the entire time.

Even if it was a 6M action to clean the slate, it'd be preferable to... well... that.
*loud burp*