Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Load Character Images
For quite some time, it appears that one may or may not end up crashing when attempting to bring up the Load Character menu on SL2's title screen-- specifically, the preview images of whatever character is on whatever file.

While I think most technical issues, such as the 'flash stepping', can be just as easily met with patience, this one has interfered with players (and with GM business, on one occasion) far too much, and cannot be dealt with in any way but 'pray that it doesn't crash this time.'

What I'm asking for is this: Until an alternative can be provided, or BYOND straightens itself out, remove the visual previews from the Load Character menu.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I would like, at some point, but changing this wouldn't really accomplish much. The crash is related to secondary maps displaying objects, and there are several such things in SL2 at the moment, so changing this would just move the crash point to one of those.

EDIT: I made a small experimental change just to see something, to see if I can't alleviate the problem a different way.