Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for public opinion on this idea.
I know my walls of text can be annoying to some, so let me break it down point by point and make it fast.

- Human used to be a VA
- Was persuaded to give it up because of the dangers
- Eventually became an illusionist after corruption into a Papillion.
- Still has those 35 levels in VA.
- I realized, "Theoretically, the teleports and detogates could represent altered perception of the battlefield...."

If I decided to simply have him give the illusion of the void arts and only use them mechanically (ICly concealing his position before appearing behind them as if from a voidgate, making people think they're in a different place than they really are, as if Detogating, etc,) would people get butthurt about "godmodding ways to avoid void poisoning" like some people did with Blair? Or were those people outliers and this is generally not frowned too hard upon? I honestly need to ask since public opinion shifts over time and I haven't been back all that long after a long absence outside my control.

I mean, as is, the only mechanical representations of Illusion magic are three Spellthief spells and Papillion racials, so....
*loud burp*
GM ruling is void skills are void skills no matter what (even though VP is essentially opt-in), so Blaire uses runes with a Void core now.

My illusionist is a pure infliction spellthief with every status effect in the game, if that gives you any ideas.

I'm pretty sure the "omg u avoidin VP!!!" thing was because it was me, though.
Thanks! I wasn't aware of that ruling.

Much appreciated. I doubt I'll put those levels in VA to use since they ICly gave it up. But at least now I know.

(And that does actually reinforce a few ideas... I mean, papillion and all... heh. Thanks.)
*loud burp*
I agree with soap but I also hope that another class with similar effects to detogate (random displacement) and illusion abilities makes the cut at some point, the character you are trying to play sounds fun, wish it was a bit easier for you to make.
I didn't really state an opinion so I'm not sure what you agree with, but yeah.
about the ruling the gm's roled out on the matter
To be fair, it makes perfect sense to not let illusions get too screwy. Otherwise you get someone pulling an Aizen from Bleach, who is quite frankly total bullshit. No one wants that. Aizen is why I didn't watch past the Soul Society Arc, no joke. Too stupid broken.

I've just been trying to find more creative ways to mechanically represent the illusions outside of obvious ones like Snake Dancer ("I was actually over here, haha!&quotWink or potentially Geist Schritt, and a lot of ideas require both players to be in on it from the get go. Monster Mercs have potential, but this also isn't allowed in PVP, so that isn't great.

Another idea was MOTNL + Firefox Mob + Firefox Youkai, but... again... heh.
*loud burp*