Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Houses] Domicile Pandemonium
For some reason Extra Levels are acting funky. After I closed down my house, my Extra Level (in ascension mode), stopped working and didn't let me through. Furthermore, I couldn't speak on OOC shortly there-after (this seems to happen only sometimes). I don't know what's causing this, and this may be one of those bugs where the code will need to be vetted to find the issue, so therefore there may not be a method of reproduction.

Key is Blissey and character slot is 3, Mavis Haemin. Feel free to use my save and house file to see if it can be reproduced that way. May or may not have something to do with the mountain of lag the server's suffering. Relogging fixes all of these issues.

UPDATE: This seems to happen randomly whether the house is locked or not, and if you've been in the floor where you'd be trapped in for several minutes (I'd say ~10-20). Also, I have an unset, unused Extra Level in my inventory, if that helps any.

UPDATE 2: This may not have anything to do with my character having an Extra Level in her inventory as guests within the house also can't ascend the stairs. A source tells me that this also happens in dungeons (rarely) either while ascending or descending.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
My extra levels are also acting funky.
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
Same.
Just to clarify, this doesn't happen the first time the extra level is loaded after a reboot, right? Only after the house is loaded and then closes down due to no one being inside?
I don't think so. It also happened whenever I stood in my home from the start of a reboot to the end, never having left, and it still caused the issue.
Oh, okay. Let me double clarify what I think the problem is;

You can enter extra levels just fine. But if you stay in an extra level for an extended period of time, you can no longer go back down to the original level.
Yeah that works. It also seems to happen still if you relog and go from the main level to the extra level and attempt to go back. I've also gotten random dense blocks around where I placed an extra level. < Some relogs and reconnects later fixed it oddly enough >
Okay, the issue was that the house wasn't treating all levels as a full package. Now, all of your levels need to be empty of players before it will unload one of them, which will correct this issue.