Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wyverntouched are good omen [Absorb Poison buff?]
Can 'Absorb Poison' from Wyverntouched also grant a 3 round Poison immunity to the target?

It's kinda butt to waste 3M to absorb someone's poison just for them to be 'blargh'd' by a troll Bargheist the next second they get the chance to drool and then, in despair trying to save your friend, you end with 50 Poison debuffs and die a la Undertale.

Added to the fact Wyverntouched interact funny with Poison. It doesn't increase the level, and instead, it just adds more poison debuffs, so. This is just to make it fair. (And so to make the Wyvern not get like 60 STR from 6 Poisons.)
[Image: b6f18909fa9143688ff700fd5f3b427d.png]
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I really don't see why not, giving them immunity to poison would make a little bit of sense as well (juuuust a little bit), since you sap the toxins out of their body, they would develop some tolerance to the stuff, I do know the pain that is to perform a heroic save by taking someone's poison from them, then they just get hit by a nice WO to render it moot.
[Image: g5VjMYf.png]
I sorta feel like the buff itself is weird since GR, getting this much strength isn´t that useful anymore thanks to diminishing returns. Sure you can just build less strength and bite yourself to even it out but...The momentum loss is not worth it. I haven´t seen a WT actively biting themself anymore cause it´s not really useful overall.

Maybe extend the poison duration on the WT so you don´t have to rebite yourself every other turn? I mean poisons flows through their veins..Makes sense that it fades slower? The problem here is of course, that it still damages them on low San so if done wrong it might even be another debuff.
But I guess we could work around it with just giving them another buff each time they are inflicted with poison which is actually prolonged with San and does the stat boost.

WT´s are mostly only used nowadys for poison resists and their good offensive base stats and sometimes for the poison absorb....Which has huge flaws aswell.
My point here is more on Absorb Poison, not Poison Bite. I think Poison Bite is fine the way it is, and that Absorb Poison needs to be more impactful. Especially when Wyverntouched are known ICly for being a 'good omen' because they ward off poison, not because of their bites as they're not snakes.

Currently, this skill uses 3M and lacks range like a Priest's magic or a talent to increase it like Anti-Toxin. (So, most of the time you have to first move towards the target you're trying to absorb poison from, then use the skill, a total of 6M wasted for 'nothing'.)
And Poison itself in battle can be re-applied so easily, in case we're roaming Crypts or fighting Hexers. Giving the 3 round Poison immunity to the target will fix this issue.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Yeah I know what ya meant, 3 rounds might be a little much so I would go with 2 tops or like 15 scaled SAN=1round immunity.

Still feel like they could need a little rework overall. Also not talking about poison bite itself, but the poison conected buff.