Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 'Shadow Cut' is blind (ft. DashPunch from Boxer May Cry) [Kagekiri/Korkenzieher bug]
Kagekiri (Kensei) and Korkenzieher (Boxer) both seem to proc Eviter/Snake Dancer, even if its done aimed/targeted at the enemy Duelist/Demon Hunter's blind spot (behind their back).

How to reproduce: Simply use Kagekiri/Korkenzieher on an enemy with Eviter equipped (for Kagekiri) or Snake Dancer active (for both), but behind the enemy.

[Image: dUr0oFaqSPy11PvVa7W_5Q.png]
Narration of what happened: I used Hirazuki, which made Blue Joker get pushed forward, this push forced them to face away from me. That exposed Blue Joker's back to me. I tried using Kagekiri on the blindspot of a parry, but both damage instances still got Eviter'd from behind. Same happens with Snake Dancer, no matter where you use Kagekiri from (back or sides), it will always be dodged as if they were facing you.

A reference of how those two line skills should be working lies on the Duelist skill: Sidecut, where it can't get parried/dodged if done from behind the enemy.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
That's because the attack moves you into the same tile as the target when it deals its damage.
Is it intended to make Eviter and such proc from behind?
You aren't behind the target when Eviter procs. You're in the same tile as them.
I find it hard to swallow that a base class skill should negate a promo skill that is one of it's best moves that SHOULD meet requirements to exploit Eviters weakness. I for one would like to see this altered so targets on the same tile don't proc eviter. Cause when is someone gonna naturally get on the same tile in a fight?
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
I'm with Raigen. Sidecut doesn't behave like this, while being a line skill, it can bypass Eviter if done from behind. Why should Kagekiri and Korkenzieher not?

I think this is a bug is because Eviter/Snake Dancer's conditions itself says that it only be proc'd if the attacks are done while you are facing the enemy, you're certainly 'not' facing the enemy if they do the attack from behind, or better, if the damage is done on the 'center'.
Well, regardless of whether or not you buy it, the way the skills are working right now is not strictly a bug, so I recommend discussing it in Balance Fu.
Copy that, even though this is a rather immediate problem* due to 'how things work vs how they're supposed to work', I'll give it some time to not further bloat the gigantic list of 'to-do' you have (according to suggestions and balance-fu lately, hoo boy. And, I'd rather see Crescent Hook & others going through first), while gathering more data.

*No, not really. We can just trade Kagekiri away and get another skill.