Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Verglas secret attack (With Icons)
"Chaos" Wrote:
"Spoops" Wrote:That's a hefty frostbite level for a 1m skill, I think evoker should have its own merits with Verglas so I think it should just be lowered a little bit.
The only thing this skill has over Intensify Cold is the momentum cost, not even counting the generous Ice ATK boost Evoker will grant Verglas in order to make IC cause frostbite. A snowball will go nowhere towards throwing Evoker's merits to Verglas out the window; otherwise, Yuki-onna would've dethroned Intensify Cold ages ago.

The only lowering this skill needs is the Ice ATK scaling. A 1m Frostbite enabler shouldn't be going more than 50% of your elemental ATK, considering that the same class can wreck the opponent's ice resistance easily. Otherwise, I have absolutely no problem with Verglas getting this skill.

I should be more specific, I think its clearly evident that intensify cold's frostbite level doesn't have anything holding a candle to it atm, I'm more so talking about Famiuga, which only has frostbite level 10 at max rank, maybe this is a bit too low for Famiuga itself sure but I sure don't want a 1m skill outscaling the frostbite level of a 3m skill.

1m damaging skills are super potent, I don't think they should be taken lightly without super low damage tied to them, splash can hit fairly hard just by itself on top of the soaked utility, lvl 25 frostbite for a 1m ice tap that scales from the higher scaling weapons in the game (fists) and cant be silenced, nor can you resist it after a certain point because of winter's bite, and because winter's bite makes you take more ice damage from certain attacks you can justify rank*3 I think, because lvl 15 frostbite is not causing 100-150 damage just because you got pulled by forced move or pushed by cold front.

And perhaps buff famiuga frostbite later.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
It´s level 15 frostbite already not 25, it´s max rank is 3. But to be honest? Frostbite itself is pretty low on Icicle spear, Fumiga, Miu(well miu might be fine actually). Like when you compare it to cincer tiles which also deal damage at start of turn and don´t "use" the tile it feels a bit lackluster in comparsation, but yeah I can see that it would be unfair to those skills I guess.

So I was hoping to slighty increase their levels later on, since cinder usually does more damage and does that damage more reliable, without a buff attached to it, and can be pushed back and forth on those tiles. And barely anyone even moves over ice tiles nowadays on their own(It´s still great for PvE), cause of movements skills.

I guess damage can be reduced a little but I was looking at splash while comparing it, which has tons of utility and also does more damage on a fully defensive stat and it being magic can also be a huge advantage cause you know.... Spellthief. But I do not mind either the ice atk being reduced or the effect put down to lv10 frostbite.
50% ice atk doesn´t sound bad actually for a 1M tap, making it still pretty decent.
Oh its 3 ranks total, I thought it'd be 5 like splash and flying dagger, thats my bad on misunderstanding it.

I think having it be a skill would be fine if it was low damage.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
I personally like the idea of a projectile attack that isn't aligned to one of the bear/ fox/ rabbit schools. I also feel tgat it should also perhaps have an interaction with ice pillars.
"Argonus" Wrote:I personally like the idea of a projectile attack that isn't aligned to one of the bear/ fox/ rabbit schools. I also feel tgat it should also perhaps have an interaction with ice pillars.
Usually ideas as how they should interact with something should be helpful. I persoanlly thought that projectiles itelf should kinda be stopped by dense objects on the field and not phase through them buuut...Since thats not a thing, I don´t see what interaction it should have.
Also the skill is meant to be simple, to justify it´s 1M, which in turn makes it good.

So we go with this then? Sounds good to me.
Description:
A basic skill every Verglas learns early in their training, to master the control of snow and Ice. They form a snowball projectile in their hand and throw it at a target within 6 range, preferably in their face, dealing ice magical damage to them and inflicting Frostbite level Rank*5 for 3 rounds.
Rank 1: 1M 10 FP 30%Ice Atk 10% Scaled WPN Atk
Rank 2: 1M 8 FP 40%Ice Atk 20% Scaled WPN Atk
Rank 3: 1M 6 FP 50%Ice Atk 30% Scaled WPN Atk