Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Rain
Red Rain is still one of the most unused skills in the game, despite seeming like one of the coolest(?). Could we introduce some interesting effect for it, like. While under the effects of a red rain claret call, any damage you deal reduces their max health by a percentage.

Or, you could make red rain some kind of attack, which would be interesting. Make it take a percentage of health that is used for damage spread throughout all the people in the AoE. 5% per rank. Probably dark damage. Something that still applies claret call. It'd be a suicide skill so that would prevent spamming, but for extremely high HP characters (or people taking advantage of afflicted spectre) I could see it being a bit problematic- so if this route was taken, why not slap a cooldown on it too? Two rounds would probably be fine enough.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
I haven't played very many ghosts, but to know that the current red rain is pretty bad compared to all the other options that are available to them isn't very hard.

What's proposed above is interesting. Maybe some tweaking.
[Image: TvQhtZb.gif]
Red Rain could just reduce the enemy's armor and magic armor by how much HP it consumes, while inflicting Soaked along with Claret Call. And it can start using 5% of your max HP, for instance.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Uses 5% of Max HP upon Cast. 4 Range Aoe for 4 tiles. Option 1: Lowers Phys defense of all afflicted targets by the amount of HP consumed %
Option 2: Lowers Phys and Mag defense of all afflicted targets by half the amount of HP consumed %
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
"Raigen.Convict" Wrote:Uses 5% of Max HP upon Cast. 4 Range Aoe for 4 tiles. Option 1: Lowers Phys defense of all afflicted targets by the amount of HP consumed %
Option 2: Lowers Phys and Mag defense of all afflicted targets by half the amount of HP consumed %

I have 1000 HP. I use this skill. They suddenly have 50% of their phys (or phys and mag) def taken away.

Needless to say, that could get way too strong, way too fast.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
I'd rather it sap your current health% and deal it as dark damage, scaling in health per rank to let you choose how much you're sacking, that way its not a huge nuke unless you're at full health, and is a good way to reduce your HP for ghost benefits like rising game and ether invite.

Current health is the way to go without encouraging 1k HP tanks with sustain using it for their sole damage source.
Why does it have to do damage? Just slap soaked and call it a day.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Soaked would be fine.