Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portable smithy repairs
Okay, so either I'm blind (which I might as well be) or portable smiths don't have a repair weapons options.

Since this is uhhh... Pretty dumb. Can we get that added to the portable smith please?
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: mQMYHlv.png]
Repair powder exists for this reason.

It'd be totally invalidated as it currently functions if smithy kits allowed repairs.

Not to mention most sub paths of Maintenance revolve around getting minor durability gains after combat.

I'm not against it, but it'd trivialize durability management.
Durability management was already pretty trivial in a sense. But, I can see why you're against it, since it does remove the need for repair powder (Providing you can afford the asagos to get one anyway)

Still, as far as donator items are concerned. It seems one of the more "I might need it, but most likely won't" ones. Whereas alchemy/kitchen sets have a great deal more application. Being able to churn out PR-Hi's and food on the fly is a valuable asset, so repairs as well would be pretty nice for BDPers.

Of course, to make it that little less trivial, stick a murai charge on it, like actual smiths.
[Image: mQMYHlv.png]
I... honestly don't think it should happen even with a Murai cost to it, but I'm not fully against it myself. Same reasoning as Trex for the most part.

Not to mention that from what I have personally seen, it seems like smithy kits are very common.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
It'd basically make enchants like Divine, durability increasing weapon parts and the weapon maintenance talent completely nulled by 100 asagos.
Durability is a joke. We need to drain the humor out of it, not make it a laughing stock. Additionally, like previous posters have stated, this will make various parts of the game centered on Durability completely negated just because someone's lugging around a donation item. Not a good idea for balance.

In others word, I'm completely against this idea.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Nah. As much as the game looks like a half-baked sandbox right now due to people crawling on both knees for ""convenience"", it's best we keep at least a bit of 'game' semblance in SL2.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]