Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Tier Divine Summoning
Summoner has no reason to run destiny, other than 1 skill in Bonder, which is fast offense, other than that you really don't get a whole lot.

I wanna propose a simple buff that could change the class combo in its entirety, and giving an entirely new theme to summoner.

[Image: 26MaJuu.png]

Simply put, if you are destiny, the cap on bonded youkai can simply be removed, allowing you to have up to 12 bonded youkai as a Destiny Summoner, and still retain bonder's benefits, I can list off a few reasons as to why this won't get out of hand:

-Shared Pain halves damage regardless of how many youkai you have out at one time, you're basically generating damage this way if you have too many summons out.
-Youkai don't have nearly as much damage as before, after having been nerfed they're actually a little on the weak side unless swarming 1 player.
-Spell selection is limited, as high mage cape only applies to Judgement Blade/Riagri/Reihou/Healing Discharge and Summon storm, giving you a maximum of 8 FP Regen from High Mage Cape.
-Fight as one has a limited range, so no you can't get the meme dream 15 evade/crit evade/hit/crit multiplied by 12 youkai being out at once.

Bonuses also include Fast Offense, Shared Joy, Two Souls Beyond and Synchro summon applying to each youkai, making them seem even stronger than any other summoner's, but not broken.

What do you think?
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Beyond the thematics of the class, the upper cap on bonded youkai serves to keep the combinations from getting out of hand as much as it does to stop summon swarming.

Sync-Mind's Evoke Passives/Actives are currently extremely strong (to the point of absurdity really); giving the summoner a HUGE selection of powerful buffs, passives, status inflictions, and sheer damage skills among almost whichever element they please. I'm of the opinion that it's a matter to be addressed seperately in another thread, but until it is letting Bonders have that on top of their unique thing seems a little risky to me.

(new summoner promos when)
Its one class combination that has basically no synergy with eachother but probably should have at least some because of Destiny, keep in mind that Evoke Passive damage was nerfed a little while back, the only youkai spell which does more damage than a basic spell these days is maybe Apodis at night, (Where in FAI is hard to build for on a non priest) and any youkai spell boosted by impure element's insane elemental atk bonus, which is a different class combo entirely.

This is only a boost to DESTINY summoner, not any other summoner, I bet you even with this change a GS/Priest is still a stronger class combination than GS/Bonder.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
GS/Priest is an absurdly strong setup, yes. Not even this change would make Destiny Summoner capable of competing with that.

Though it'd certainly make it much more appealing to the general crowd, instead of being passed off as a joke in the OOC due to its lack of good synergy.

People generally don't reach that much damage with Youkai Evoke unless they pack Impure Element or build to be an Apodis turret. And these aren't Destiny Summoner.

Honestly, I'm all for this destiny to stop being a repelling choice. It's not going to turn out insanely overpowered - it's going to become worth considering.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
I am all for it
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water