Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mutated gun headshot
Mutated guns when fired, shoot all rounds with head shot, some times at obscene damage.

My suggested fix would be making mutated weapons default to their new weapon types special attack instead.
Trexmaster post_id=35499 time=1550950682 user_id=76 Wrote:[Image: b8ebdd253f.png]

Headshot, when used with multi-round guns, will fire all the rounds of the gun. I'm unsure if that change was intentional but in this case....

Headshot will cause mutated multi-round guns (bow-guns that normally only fire one round) to fire all their rounds at full power, and treat them as if they were actually guns still for the purpose of gaining extra attacks with akimbo (in the case of handguns).

This was tested using a mutated Yin and Yang and having Akimbo, then using Headshot after putting up the new Double Dao buff (+2 rounds to each gun, thus causing the Yin to fire five times and the Yang to fire twice (4/2 = 2) ).

I've already posted a report on this.

We haven't updated past the version specified in my report, so another report on the same issue seems redundant until we know if it was patched out or not.

I realize my OP may have been confusing considering I pointed out two issues, that being the interaction with Akimbo (which was addressed) and the interaction with Headshot (which I'm unsure was addressed or not, thus here we are). I assumed 'mutated guns fire all rounds with Headshot' was clarification enough on what the problem was regarding Headshot's interaction, as being able to use Headshot implies it was originally a Gun, as Special Attack doesn't get affected by mutation currently.

To further clarify: The Gun Special Attack, Headshot, will cause Guns mutated into different weapon types to still fire all of its rounds. This was only observed to be an issue regarding Guns mutated into Bows, as many patches ago Bow mutations specifically were altered to use the proper Bow attack and thus caused multi-round Guns to use this attack instead rather then their normal Gun attack, causing them to only shoot once no matter their Round value.

The assumption that the one-attack limit to mutated weapons only applied to Bows came to be since there was no clarification how mutated multi-round guns were intended to function as weapon types that weren't guns. Thus the question arises as to whether or not all mutated guns are intended to only fire once if they are no longer considered a Gun, as currently as of version 2.00.6b, all non-Bow multi-round mutated guns will fire all of their rounds as normal. The only reason this in particular was not reported was due to it not being seen as an unintentional feature, if it is in fact unintended.

Now back to the bug [strike]shamelessly reposted[/strike] in this thread.

Problem: Guns that are mutated out of being a Gun will still fire all of their rounds when used with the Special Attack, Headshot.

Steps to reproduce:

Quote:1. Acquire a Gun with higher than 1 Rounds that is not Rarity 8-10. (In this case, the only perceived issue is with Rarity 7- Bows, but all types will do this.)
2. Enchant the Gun with a Mutated Core.
3. Buy the trait Special Attack 1.
4. Equip the newly mutated gun.
5. Start a fight against an enemy with the Head flag that counts a valid target for Headshot.
6. Use Headshot on the enemy.

Quote:Expected result: With Bow type weapons, the attack should only be made once. Currently, without further clarification, all other weapon types of mutated multi-round guns are expected to fire multiple times.
Quote:Actual result: The gun will fire all of its rounds, making as many attacks as it has rounds at full strength as opposed to being divided by the number of rounds as normal. It should be stressed that only Bow type mutated guns have this interaction, all other mutated guns will divide their power normally as their attacks are unaffected by mutation, in that they still fire all their rounds as normal.

Examples

Person 1 has a mutated Yin , Person 2 has a mutated Handgun. The Yin is now a Bow, and the Handgun is now a Dagger.

Both Person 1 and Person 2 use Headshot on a Prinny. Normally, the Yin deals about 50 damage a shot. The Handgun normally deals about 30.

Quote:Person 1 fires twice, but each time they deal 100 damage. This is because they are being treated as if they're making their normal Bow attack as many times as they have rounds, as if they were attacking multiple times with a Bow.

Person 2 fires three times, but they deal their usual 30 damage a shot. This is because mutated multi-round guns that are not Bows are not altered in anyway beyond no longer qualifying for Gun specific effects such as Shells or Gun skills.

Now let's say Person 1 and Person 2 both make a normal Basic Attack instead.

Quote:Person 1 fires once. They make a normal attack with their now Bow type weapon, Yin, for 100 damage. This is how mutated Bow-type guns with multiple rounds (have been assumed to) function properly.

Person 2 fires three times. It's little different than if they hadn't mutated the Handgun, as even being a dagger it's still three shots of 30 damage.

Hopefully that's clear enough, if further clarification is needed I can provide.
-come on trex, I posted helping in that thread, but dev wanted it split into the two bugs, and he fixed the akimbo one in your thread, so I posted the unfixed part here.....-

Great explanation trex