Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Event Tools (Again)
I couldn't find the old event tools, but I was suggested to make one or find it. So I'll be putting in what I think might be useful.

Narration would be nice- for regular players, just being able to Narrate inside of the house they own would be wonderful.

Weather Control, Being able to control the weather would be great, too.

I'll come up with more in time, but these are two that are pretty minor and don't need too much work as far as I know.

The monster creator needs to be editted, so it's not as messy- at least from what I was told about it.

Monsters dropping exp and items is also something I think should be fixed! Make them zero. Most people don't go to GMs for grinding anyway, but best to fix this either way.

---

On the idea of Event Admins, I think it'd be nice to try to think of people who run events or who can be trusted with it, as well as run test runs if you ever think of doing that.
I'll say that all of these things would be fine, weather control, narration, monster creation (as long as they drop nothing and offer no exp) - but exclusively locked to housing. At that point it could just be made a donation item or some such.

I really don't think event admins as a role are necessary, still. But if it's locked to housing, that's fine.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
A Weather discer donation item that provides all current tilesets but with a weather overlay (decided by the town the house is in) would be neat.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
You should probably clarify the title next time you make such a thread, because I though you were discussing about something Dev shut down for 'not being a player's business'.

Still. I do agree. Houses are the main environment for events to happen and most of its occurrences are private and under the eyes of the GMs. It was said that most of the player-given benefices are 'headache' for them. But I digress only because now we, once again, got a squad of 4 GMs on duty. (5, if we got Catsnek being pinged about them too.)

It shouldn't really be hard to make a message appear on a GM's chatlog once someone uses a housing event tool. Or even making those tools something to be bought by Asagorians or something, since they're an extra to be added to the game.

And finally. Making GMs being able to 'ban' the usage of the people who abuse it is also another thing to consider
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Narration and Weather Control sounds nice.

The others, assuming you're talking about actual Event Tools and not something for Houses, are honestly, and I quote Dev here, not really a player's business. Especially when:
1. The 'monster editor' is very clean as-is, and needs more added than subtracted/reorganized.
2. A GM can forcefully end an encounter and deny any loot that may result from it, and forcing victory gains off all the time detracts far more than it helps.

Event Admins shouldn't be considered this soon after gaining 2 new GMs. (and Dyst's return) Let's see how those play out first, and keep in mind that ideas can always be patched through to any one of the GMs.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I agree with Chaos when it comes to the other tools here, they're not something we should be messing around with, narration and weather control would be perfect however.
Probably not the best place to ask, but since I am still somewhat of a noobie - can someone explain what even tools are?
Hanzo post_id=35218 time=1549111317 user_id=2041 Wrote:Probably not the best place to ask, but since I am still somewhat of a noobie - can someone explain what even tools are?

They're for people running narrated events with special environments, enemies, and other non-standard interactions.