Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Lantern Bearer] Phoenix's Mercana Aboose
I don't know if this should be in suggestion or Balance-Fu, but, putting here since topics like these tend to get steamy hot fiya'd.

Currently, Phoenix does not have a status effect immunity you can use with Gentle Embers active.

Could it get some new fancy iteration? At the moment my main issue is playing a Mercalan Priest who refuses to heal unless put in a dire situation, but Gentle Embers don't really block the heal from Phoenix, so, when I need to swap my Lantern's element to Light, in order to use Focused Beam at Light ATK/Damage mode it just blasts heals ahoy and that's pretty lame, ICly.

I have a few suggestions for this:
Quote:Gentle Embers + Phoenix grant:

> Immunity to Drain effects for 4 rounds (reduced by 0.5 per square of distance, to a minimum of 2). (Skills like Rebound, Life Drain, Ingrain, Vampiric do not affect the one under this buff in any form.)

> Immunity to Poison for 4 rounds (reduced by 0.5 per square of distance, to a minimum of 2).

> Lowers all ally debuff durations by 4 rounds (reduced by 0.5 per square of distance, to a minimum of 2.)

> Applies a buff that increases all Healing done by (5*Rank)% for 4 rounds.

The reason for the sizable number is to compensate for the 3 round cooldown.

If somehow Gentle Flames can make it so Phoenix have no cooldown when used with it, duration of the respective effects above can be lowered to a base of 2 and minimum of 1, as per god intended.

And of course. My favorite is the second. Lantern Bearer has nothing to deal with Poison, and by adding that, it will finally be a more stand-alone class from Priest.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I like the idea of trading the heal for a benefit like how the other Lantern spells trade damage for Gentle Embers.

I think lowering debuff duration and increased heals however are too strong. Immunity to Life Steal or Poison are both nice though.

I have a couple of ideas:

Quote:Gentle Embers Phoenix could offer no healing, not go into cooldown and grant Poison Immunity for 2 Rounds.

Quote:[strike]Gentle Embers Phoenix could offer no healing, retain it's 3 Round Cooldown and grant Death Immunity for 2 Rounds. (When I say Death Immunity, this would simply mean while it's active, you cannot be reduced below 1HP.)[/strike]

EDIT: Had second thoughts about the other option.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
I like Sly's suggestion of death immunity in trade of the cooldown, it still very much promotes a fast LB to use the effect itself and sounds very helpful, my only concern is if someone can be healed during this time it may be impossible to actually take care of a threat before they can just pop a PR or get healed with graft malmelo, that sounds like a nightmare to balance around considering that rezzing someone incurs badly beaten usually.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
With things like Pray and Extend Void, immunity to death as a condition is probably not something Lantern Bearer needs.
I don't think we need another last chance/die hard. I do believe the posion immunity would fit though.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
Yeah, scratch that idea, I forgot how buff extending moves would make that get out of hand.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
I'm glad to see Poison Immunity is the current favorite, honestly.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Poison immunity so our wyvertouched can REEE at the healer for not letting them get buffed, and the LB just responds with INVIGORATION!
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water