Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[v.2.13b] Overly Resounding Needle
This is gonna be a lengthy one for no other reason than my own incompetence...

TL;DR
Needle isn't properly registering its level, the game says it'll deal damage and heal equal to half the original amount. This can result in an overabundance of damage and healing that's fixed. The amount of damage you do or are intended to do seems absolutely irrelevant.

[Image: N7odmYJ.png]

Needle. A skill that shoots needles of light that embed into the target and then on the next instance of light damage taken, blows up and heals things as well as damages the one who was embedded. Sounds cool, right?

Only, as it's written. It should be exploding for damage equal to half the amount dealt as well as healing for that same exact amount.

However, using my powerful amount of testing, I have deduced that the damage amount dealt is irrelevant and that it heals at a seemingly improper rate.

[Image: Lz9cWga.png]
[Image: euopy0P.png]

My stats for reference. I shot needle at someone, and as it says. I should be exploding and healing for half the damage amount that I dealt, if I can read properly. SO.

I shot then shine ray ray as per usual.

[Image: od5oB8o.png]

31 times 6 is 186. Half of 186 is 93. So why was I healing for 150 HP?

See the issue here? This was within one range, so I thought. Detailed Cure might be buffing the heal. I accounted for evasion as well. However, I attacked them from a distance, no detailed cure potential.

Without Evasion, each needle would've been 40 damage. 40 time 6 is 240. Half of 240 is 120. Still inaccurate. Oddly enough.

[Image: HuzDsNZ.png]

The same exact result but no healing due to further range. Which is expected. So now, I tried with one of my own characters! Here were the results.

[Image: Ab3msGZ.png]

17 times 6 is 102. Half of 102 is 51. With evasion, each hit gains 5 damage. 22 times 6 is 132. Half of 132 is 66. Hmmmmm.

Uh oh. What's that? Different damage values...but the same healing and almost similar burst damage from the Needles. I figured it out shortly after.

The LV of Needle stays the same, likely based on your Light ATK and SWA scaling from the Needle Skill itself. The amount of damage you do is completely irrelevant, despite the skill saying you should be healing for half the amount you initially did.

Unsure if this is intended or not, but Shine Ray didn't do much damage yet the burst damage from Needle Exploding seemed to do 6 less damage. I only have 6% Light RES, but 60% Magical DR. Yet to someone with no RES and less light RES, it did 7 more damage. Does it ignore RES and such? Curious is all.

Beyond that, that's the report. This is why we don't praise Mercala. Damn Loli.

Steps to Replicate:

Step 1: Get Needle

Step 2: Shoot it at someone. Preferably Magically Tanky.

Step 3: Take note of the Level of Needle.

Step 4: Stand next to this person.

Step 5: Note the damage you did total with needle.

Step 6: Explode the Needles via some form of Light Damage.

Step 7: Note the heal you've gotten as well as the burst damage.

Step 8: Repeat Steps 2-7 but with someone else. Preferably the opposite or with different enough defenses than the initial subject.

Step 9: Notice how the LV of Needle is the same and the heal and base for the burst damage is exactly the same.

Step 10: Repeat this as many times as you want on as many different people as you want and get the same results as long as you don't change your Light ATK or SWA.
Needle doesn't function off the damage you actually do but the unmitigated damage, so I don't think this is actually a bug.