Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Knight's Skill Points hunger
Aside my personal salt for Black Knight having 4 base movement (I.E, can be kited), and Heavy Armor denying Evasion for further damage reduction, there's one thing I wish they didn't have. SP Hunger to effectively use their class.

Black Knights have a lot of defensive and passive gimmicks and a pretty glaring lack of offensive ones. It's currently impossible to have a balanced mixture of passive, innate and offensive skills without them sucking major due to being lowered by one or even three points.

Adding all points together, they cost a whooping 79 of Skill Points total. Compared to other classes, Black Knight doesn't offer 'routes' to pick. Everything it offers it would make the knight's sustain life a little easier in some aspects. And some of the effects are rather underwhelming too. (Negative status cleansing skills don't offer a single round protection to prevent another enemy from reapplying the effect nullified, for example, which makes them a horrible trade of 3M.)

So. TL;DR, could passives and innates get a little reduction on their costs for effective use? (Without changing numbers, just reducing the cost to get them at top efficiency.) The most glaring ones, alas, are Iron Wall, Sudden Death and Prophylaxis. I've put my thoughts below for better organization.

Quote:Sudden Death: This passive is pretty much essential for the Black Knight to make use of another skill. Otherwise, without any ways to inflict fear, they're wasting an extra 5 SP on Zugzwang, which they could probably put on something more reliable to use.
Prophylaxis: This is pretty much the only ""reliable"" Hit buff they can have, which rewards them for tanking, and punishes enemies for spamming on-hit effects or multi-hitting skills. I also see as something truly essential for them to always have, but sadly it costs too much, and leaves the Black Knight from grabbing other fun things.

For both above, I'd say reduce from 5SP to 3SP, make the passives start from Rank 2 and go up from there.

Iron Wall: Burn. Burn removes this, Burn removes class bonuses, Burn removes Aptitude bonuses. Why should anyone invest more than a single skill point there if that can be taken away as easy as using Incise with a blazing enchant?

1 SP is enough. Or maybe if this should be kept on 5 SP, make this grant something that won't be stolen by a cheeky status effect, like Armor or raw Physical Damage Reduction.

By those going down, that's probably enough points to grab atleast Castling and Unmoving, honestly.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]