Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Pulling Trap-scope
Pulling Shot + Entangle Trap + Marked Target is not behaving as intended, as in.

Pulling Shot on Traps doesn't drag the target to the middle of the trap before it triggers, only at the border of it and it instantly triggers, nullifying the pulling shot's 'real' intention.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
What makes you believe this isn't intended?
If the trap triggered when the enemy hit the center of it, the entangle vines would have more use, as the opponent would be surrounded by them. And they would be halving the attempts to escape by move. Or having to resort to movement skills/spells.
When the trap triggers, the enemy stops on the border and the pull towards the center is interrupted, so the opponent can just walk away of it without a problem.

I'm saying in a situation where the Archer places his trap at north, then uses pulling shot from south at an opponent infront of him. They get pulled all the way to the north trap and 'jailed' there in the middle of a vine 'explosion'. As the trap will only trigger when pulling shot finishes dragging them to the middle of the trap's zone. (In this case, on where the trap's been set).

That's how I ever thought this neat-looking combo would work, in my opinion.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
It has worked this way since the day Entangle Trap and Marked Targer were implemented, and every single trap in the game always triggers when something enters the radius, not when it reaches the center. Even before this was added, similar behavior was exhibited when an Archer/Rogue pulled targets into Rogue traps, or even when anything else that can move a target did so (Repel, Bash, Forced Move, Hirakuzi, Staff of Warding, Heavy Tackle, etc.) I really don't see the point to add specific behavior for this one particular interaction.
*loud burp*
It would be interesting and more useful, yeah. +1
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]