Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About the Tank Meta
I think that simply lowering the scaling is more sensible. Changing around how much elemental attack each stat gives will be confusing.

Also, things like Ether Invitation, Dullahan's Soul Rage, Fleur, and Dagger Dance should probably be looked at again, as well as Lich racials, Priest in general, and Boxer's GS. Essentially, anything that allows explosively increasing damage, or anything that allows a nigh impenetrable defense.
Fleur is fine, dagger dance is fine as well, lich racials prevent them from dying entirely, Priest would be fine if it's healing was halved on yourself, or gave people a status that halved the healing afterwards (Fresh healing type of effect) because tank healing is a huge issue still.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Theres nothing you could take away from fluer without removing it entirely now.
I don't think changing elemental ATK given per point for a few stats would be confusing, considering the game is very clear about what the increase does as you're punching it in, and all of the stats have tooltips.
I hit person who isn't claiming to be tank for 150 with a crit, with stalemate and without crit hit for 0. Says he isn't tanky, only has 22 defense. Cuts all my damage in half... NOT A TANK
So.... class things made him tanky enough to negate over half and more of my damage without defense..
Tanks are stupid.

30% dr for attacking is stupid when you deal full damage.... Forgot that BK tripled their DR for heavy armor after doing anything. Just... not doing any fights with black knights ever after this point. I'll just black screen the loss.

Sorry if this is a little rant-y. This is just my impression as the fight ended.

-I see one thing here. Magic damage, right? Is everyone going to have power grad? It's the best option. The rest come in elements which are easily resisted with a single accessory/shield/sometimes race, so they won't hit very hard either.

Maybe include more melee pseudo spells(magic damage) in not common elements would help release a little pressure from tanks? I don't really know. Could figure out a place to lower their sheer DR a little. If their offense is hit really hard that's a thing. But I don't feel like the stats matter that much, so changing around scaling might not help. It's classes and items that need a hit probably.
Harming Earth/Water/Dark damage harms a lot of dedicated builds, Someone fully decked out with 60+ RES has a weakness, and someone loaded with 60+ DEF but no RES has a weakness as well, though I guess that doesn't help that tanks are dealing loads of damage when they shouldn't, but that has to do with defensive scaling weapons and I guess elemental damage, so I don't know what to say anymore really, only that I'm concerned over dedicated Earth/Water and dark mages losing what made them unique.

There's been a few suggestions in the past, like tying Phys DR and Mag DR to armor types, perhaps unarmored giving you 50% of your regular phys DR and 100% of your regular magic DR, 75%/75% for light, and 100%/50% for heavy.

Something along those lines when it comes to tank busting, either that or better defense penetration items, %HP damage, kiteability, there's numerous ways to hit tanks being too god damn tanky, but I think the bigger issue is how much damage they deal.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Pure dark and defense stat has no weaknesses.

I am the strong.

There are ways around beating tanks I feel in my opinion. But meta is the meta. Maybe next time we'll be debating about evade.
[Image: tenor.gif]