Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hotbar Issues
They're still here. Placing melee weapon, or at the very least sword basic attacks on the hotbar and using them does nothing. It flashes as if they're going to be used and then nothing happens. It just eats your momentum. As it has been.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
Yeah, still an issue.
Basic Attacks in hotbars do Magic Damage for some people, and nothing for others. And a lot of people are exploiting this up-and-down in this downtown. RIP fun.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"Snake" Wrote:Basic Attacks in hotbars do Magic Damage for some people, and nothing for others. And a lot of people are exploiting this up-and-down in this downtown. RIP fun.

Give me a step by step process to reproduce this.
Oh, it's easy, though the hotbar's effects vary sharply according to the weapon. As you see here, I have this setup with guns:

[Image: 4329d13cc1904f0893c07e95b1290b9d.png]
First you get two weapons. (For this case only)

[Image: c97bf40a320f4390a7d35ca2922e78a4.png]
Then you macro them on the hotbar.

[Image: 46b0e3a3bd2848998be079112bd786ae.png]
Then when you try to click or press 2, this happens.

[Image: 8c241e178a44413782c259ec1e32ff7f.png]

Now, this only happens from time to time, between reboots for some reason.

And the effects of the hotbar varies from:
1- 'No attack', often in melee weapons.
2- 'Jackhammer Range' on all firearms.
3- This varies from player to player, the lucky players use said melee weapon attacks, and they activate, and when it does, the attack either doesn't count Fleur, does Magic Damage instead of Physical Damage, or both.

By the way, this only happens with the main hand's attack, I didn't see off-hand having any issues but I might be wrong.

It's like Kameron said once, it's not something 'precise' to pinpoint because the effects are way too random. But judging by the firearm's difference, it feels like something is out of place.

(My expectation now)
Like for example, using a fist weapon doesn't do anything because it's trying to perform a melee attack with a 'bow type' attack, and fists don't have a projectile, so it fails.
Then the magic damage comes from a 'tome type' being used instead of melee, for damage.

Anything beyond this, I have absolute zero idea since I didn't code anything for the game and I don't know how anything works, besides the way BYOND's updates always tend to fuck up the code. *shrug*
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
This is still a present issue.
[Image: c82bf1026b.png]
[Image: a66abceadc.png]

Well at least I know how Ashe's sword works now, the only known ways to replicate this is to log onto the server when the game decides it wants to do this to some weapons, and only works with a hotbar'd weapon attack.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Err, and how did Ashe's attack get on someone's hotbar, exactly?
That's what we're trying to figure out, it's just random, the hotbar randomly bugs out every reboot, only for basic attack.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Turn on player debug and see what message it gives you when it activates, because it should be using the active weapon/sub-weapon skill when activated.

Unless people are leaving out a step and doing it with no weapons/sub-weapons equipped or something like that.

EDIT: Or give me a key/slot where this issue is active so I can check for myself.