Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vampires Again
The counter for Vampires shouldn't just be "Eat a dick, get overloaded."

Overload solves pretty much every problem when people boost their stats to high hell. Also sort-of requires the person to not just get silenced.. or charmed by said vampire.. etc etc.
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:Death knighting is an invocation that lasts 5 turns, costs a butt of fp and can't be hsdw'd, also bonus stats so overload.

I don't see an issue with it currently.

5 turns is a lot of time and damage (unless you're having a priest-off), it's not that difficult to build a large amount of fp with low-ish amounts of wil, and overload obliterates everyone anyway because APT counts as bonus stats (for some reason)
but as mentioned you can also null shell it away and death knighting makes you weak to holy.
Death knighting isnt a problem, like all +stat modifiers it has a downside or serious prep time.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
TeebeeH.

Deathknighting really shouldn't stack with the Ghost thing, nor should it stack with the Vampire thing.
DIMINISHING RETURNS

and ghost isn't all stats.
Actually, regarding vamps stacking SAN and Death Knighting, what if Death Knighting lowered your SAN by 10 instead of raising it with the rest of the stats? It'd make thematic sense since you're literally being possessed or some nonsense, and mechanically it'd prevent stacking Death Knighting with shenanigans like Vampire SAN (not to mention be a nice little bonus for corrupted, who I'm told could use a little love)
That would arbitrarily hurt everyone else who isn't a vampire, there is no real issue with death knighting, its telegraphed and provides an exploitable weakness.
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:That would arbitrarily hurt everyone else who isn't a vampire, there is no real issue with death knighting, its telegraphed and provides an exploitable weakness.

What's 10 San? 20 FP and MAYBE 2% more Elemental Weakness, depending on where it's stopped at? Racial benefits lose 2% but it seems like a negligible price for the sheer power of +10 ALL and the new moves. Humans are otherwise unaffected and corrupted cut down on penalties to their abilities.
I'm all for Death Knighting having an extra drawback besides "Either Null Shell or Overload their ass or you are just going to lose."

-10 (or even more so, 10 san in total, or yours, whichever is lower) SAN would be a perfect detriment to this rather powerful skill. You're gaining a new subspecies to yourself, and I doubt that's doing anything for your "blood purity to GAWD."