Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adaptable Humans
Several races gain disproportionately little benefit from Sanctity. Several threads came up on this in a broad sense, but since they've accomplished so little I've decided to zero in on one race in particular.

I suggest Humans, who are supposed to be the most common race, gain the following benefits for 'Quick to Master'.

Quote:Old: Humans live in a world where they must constantly adapt to situations and circumstances they find themselves in, which makes them more versatile than other races. They gain +2 class skill points for every class.
Quote:New: Humans live in a world where they must constantly adapt to situations and circumstances they find themselves in, which makes them more versatile than other races. They gain 2+Scaled SAN/5 class skill points for every class.

This would give Humans the ability to do things other races can't. Right now, they are the equivalent of humans in Dragon Ball Z: racially inferior.
I'd like this a lot, hell, Lispoolians even have 4 base SAN but really nothing to benefit from it except a bit of status res.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
This is really good. I genuinely would love to see more love for humans. Maybe it should be 1+scaled san/5 or even just scaled san/5 instead though?
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
Humans really need some benefit for apparently being the most common race. You'd think they'd be more than the poster children for mediocrity.
I don't think so, humans aren't so bad that they deserve an extra 8-10 SP per class (AKA, around 40 SP total, between base and promoted) and it doesn't really make a lot of sense for this sort of benefit to scale off of SAN anyway.
"Neus" Wrote:I don't think so, humans aren't so bad that they deserve an extra 8-10 SP per class (AKA, around 40 SP total, between base and promoted) and it doesn't really make a lot of sense for this sort of benefit to scale off of SAN anyway.

Do you think there's anything that does make sense for Sanctity on humans? It's a bit of a buzzkill to underperform in essentially all categories as a race. Any idea or starting point we can use that you think works would help immensely in figuring something out.
It's not like Sanctity is a useless stat for them. I don't think it needs changing.
Sancity is quite the useless stat for them actually, cause you need to spend points in it that are simply better spend somewhere else.
Most races don´t only get the bonus from San itself but racial bonuses, making a single point in SAN alot more useful to them, and it´s still hard to build a valid SAN cahracter outside of Vampires.

If not sancity, maybe we just go similiar route as suggested in OP just with Scaled APT/6 or something? That would make humans decent...They need the extra class points kinda to make up for their lack of racials and immunities certain races have.
I'd be for something more simple like giving them +5 Skill points in all classes instead of a formula based on SAN or APT. They are supposed to be more versatile in what they do in comparison to other races and having 2 ranks in a skill hardly fits as "more versatile".
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
I agree that even if Humans don't get anything specifically scaling off of San, they need boosts to their radials. There's little to no reason to pick one, mechanically.