Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Narcus
The weapon effect is way too good for a weapon with also 100% weapon scaling and also being a sword and thus enabled for 2h.

One of two things needs to change about this weapon.

The weapon effect or the scaling

I'd say start off with making Narcus 70% STR scaling and thats it, hell this is the level Excel weapons generally roam around and they do fine because of the weapon effect.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Make it so where the Narcus only stores half of the damage dealt to you instead of the full damage. I think the effect is more of the problem with it, not so much the scaling.
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
Excel weapons require you to dump your hand slot and an accessory slot or use 9 momentum to do narcus tier damage. I'd like to see the effect cap at 200, or something of the sort. As stated endlessly in another thread, it's too efficient.
Daily reminder that I was wrong and Narcus is completely balanced.
I realize you're being facetious but for crying out loud, Narcus is not balanced at all, the effect is way too good, but apparently in the last thread we came to a consensus that getting damage equal to the amount you take, on top of dealing your own damage, is apparently balanced, somehow.

I'd much rather cap off the effect, that way its not just used as a storage device while attacking with your sub hand constantly.
I agree with Kam, a cap on LV 200 and this sword becomes fine. And I've never agreed it was balanced at all back then (or as long as I remember), especially when you can mix it with Ether Invitation for a relatively free 500 + (X damage enemy slammed to you).

Even though 200 is still a relatively high number, it being Magic Damage quite blows, making it similar to unresistable. If it was Physical Damage and Armor affected on the reduction, it would be more bearable.

Magic Damage should be applied to small numbers in on-hit effects for being so hard to be resisted normally compared to Physical Damage, and added to that, Narcus's damage is no 'small number'.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"Akame" Wrote:Make it so where the Narcus only stores half of the damage dealt to you instead of the full damage. I think the effect is more of the problem with it, not so much the scaling.
This sounds like the better solution. Capping it at 200 just means that they have to swing it a few more times.

Quote:Magic Damage should be applied to small numbers in on-hit effects for being so hard to be resisted normally compared to Physical Damage...
This sounds like a 'i don't build against it, therefore it's broken' argument. Between RES, Magical Damage Reduction and Elemental Resistance, you shouldn't have a problem resisting magical damage.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I think it'd be fine as magic damage as long as it was capped off, I agree.
That's exactly why, Chaos. To resist Magic Damage you need one billion types of preparation, between having a very good Cloak of Many Colors, Nullstone Gauntlet and specific class combinations that lie mostly in just Void Assassin or Ghost. While Physical Damage is easier to be blocked, since we have so many things that just straight up buff DEF or reduce Physical Damage without effort, such as Waraji or Defensive Knowledge skills, AND A PRAYER that increases Physical Damage Reduction by 5%.

I say Magic Damage is superior to Physical Damage not because of what I build specifically, but at the options the game gives to you to resist it, that don't escape Elemental Resistance and raw RES most of the time. Just think about it. How come all my suggestions to change from Physical to Magical printed such an impact on the damage output of those skills?

--And anyway, before I drift off topic, why not both 'Half of the damage taken' + 'Caps at LV200'?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"Akame" Wrote:Make it so where the Narcus only stores half of the damage dealt to you instead of the full damage. I think the effect is more of the problem with it, not so much the scaling.

Despite how easy it is to counter-it by stacking fire resist or having good RES, or just cheesing the user by waiting for its status to be 1 duration before hitting them with all you got, or having loads of dodge, or packing Body of Isesip, or shooting them with a Sonic Shell knockdown then booking it / shooting them with Null Shell so their Narcus status goes away, and so on-- I think half of the damage dealt to you would be fine. I like this one the most. Admittedly the effect can get a little overbearing sometimes.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]