Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ensui and Kirosh rework pls
Okay so I think these beautiful swords deserve a buff. For being the same rarity as Narcus they feel much much lower in terms of ability. I don't think I'm wrong when I say they lack the special bang that Narcus has (literally) hence why everyone doesn't really use them at all and instead just goes for Narcus. My suggestion would be to change their abilities to something like Ensui applying water weakness (yes i know river sword already does the abilities should be switched in my opinion) or silence and Kirosh ignoring darkness resist since everyone and their mother resists darkness.
Setsuna is pretty useless too, now that Stats aren't as random or relevant as far as knowing them anymore.
Ensui could be a shield that increases based on half the damage you take and blocks all damage taken by LV, and goes for 3 rounds. Similar to Narcus, but defensively.

Kirosh could be a way to bypass Darkness Resistance, I agree. Something like 'Also ignores enemy Darkness Resistance, but you suffer -30% Light Weakness'.

Setsuna could be a way to bypass Light Resistance. Something like 'Also ignores enemy Light Resistance, but you suffer -30% Darkness Weakness'.

All swords can only have the extra effect paired with their main effect, if main-handed. So they don't stack with each other. (Or even be future potentials for Dev to add on.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"Snake" Wrote:Ensui could be a shield that increases based on half the damage you take and blocks all damage taken by LV, and goes for 3 rounds. Similar to Narcus, but defensively.

Kirosh could be a way to bypass Darkness Resistance, I agree. Something like 'Also ignores enemy Darkness Resistance, but you suffer -30% Light Weakness'.

Setsuna could be a way to bypass Light Resistance. Something like 'Also ignores enemy Light Resistance, but you suffer -30% Darkness Weakness'.

All swords can only have the extra effect paired with their main effect, if main-handed. So they don't stack with each other. (Or even be future potentials for Dev to add on.)

While I'm not opposed to the Ensui idea its a really good one, I still think water weakness would be much more useful as theres barely any water spells or water physical skills. I really want water to have a place in combat as its severely lacking right now. As for the other 2, suffering -30% is quite large don't you think? I think -10-15% would be more ideal.
I dont think it should give water weakness, thats why river sword exists as it does, to give weapons such as Ensui or water spells some synergy, nor do I think reverse narcus is a good idea, I'd rather see the Ensui's numbers bumped up to GR levels, making it up to 10 flat resistance vs all attacks, that way it does not get out of hand with multi hits.

Kirosh's effect is not that bad, it effectively makes you immune to cheesy cinder/frostbite builds, thats a huge plus in my books, the only downside is its dark damage and dark damage doesn't see much use these days, though I will get into why ignoring elemental resistance on a weapon is not very healthy.

Setsuna is pretty meh and can serve as only a metagaming tool right now, I agree that it needs to be changed but not in the way it can bypass light resistance, a weapon that bypasses resistances is sort of unheard of and not healthy inherently, winter's bite and null shell have some limited uses and they shut down resistances, also so does Divine Judgement (which just got buffed) for that matter.

I'd rather see a different effect for Setsuna all together, perhaps you could change it and all dragon swords to shred 10% elemental resistance to its respective element on hit or something, stacking until it hits 0% elemental resistance, but to flat out nullify resistance? Take narcus for example, why that'd make it better than a razing salamander in the long run of things, and create an unstoppable combo if both were combined.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Resistance shredding might be a better option, hopefully it will make them stand out for once.
"Spoops" Wrote:I dont think it should give water weakness, thats why river sword exists as it does, to give weapons such as Ensui or water spells some synergy, nor do I think reverse narcus is a good idea, I'd rather see the Ensui's numbers bumped up to GR levels, making it up to 10 flat resistance vs all attacks, that way it does not get out of hand with multi hits.

Kirosh's effect is not that bad, it effectively makes you immune to cheesy cinder/frostbite builds, thats a huge plus in my books, the only downside is its dark damage and dark damage doesn't see much use these days, though I will get into why ignoring elemental resistance on a weapon is not very healthy.

Setsuna is pretty meh and can serve as only a metagaming tool right now, I agree that it needs to be changed but not in the way it can bypass light resistance, a weapon that bypasses resistances is sort of unheard of and not healthy inherently, winter's bite and null shell have some limited uses and they shut down resistances, also so does Divine Judgement (which just got buffed) for that matter.

I'd rather see a different effect for Setsuna all together, perhaps you could change it and all dragon swords to shred 10% elemental resistance to its respective element on hit or something, stacking until it hits 0% elemental resistance, but to flat out nullify resistance? Take narcus for example, why that'd make it better than a razing salamander in the long run of things, and create an unstoppable combo if both were combined.
"Snake" Wrote:Resistance shredding might be a better option, hopefully it will make them stand out for once.
Actually that doesn't sound bad at all I'm in favor of Spo's idea but Narcus would need to change then with them. As it stands right now Narcus is waaaay too good. Slap on a pair of Nihilist gloves and you're set to shred HP even if they resist fire.
Narcus is getting nerfed. (Hopefully.)