Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ether Winvitation
Lolzy has a point: Lowering the damage dealt doesn't change the fact that a tank can still abuse it to ruin someone's day. That doesn't fix the problem.

If you want to quickly throw on a solution that will actually dissuade people from using it as a go-to tank skill, then give it a Once Per Battle stipulation, or force the user to have X% or less HP before they can fire it off.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I remember asking for it to 'only be usable at 25% or less HP' somewhere.

It's still a valid point, I think. Lower the damage to 75 per rank, and make it only be usable at Red HP bar.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
If you wanted to overhaul it completely to do damage based on the color of the bar, I'd set it to

25% damage at green
50% damage at yellow
100% damage at red
bonus damage at 1hp.
I don't think there's a point of 1HP bonus damage considering Last Chance consumes your Claret Call, so I'd prefer only the rest. Plus, people could have regen HP and that bonus goes poof.
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:If the issue isn't how much damage EI can do, but that tanks use it best due to being able to do roughly max damage at half health, change it to percentage based.

100% damage = 500 damage before modifiers.
1% missing health = 5 damage.
rank 1 4m 2+% missing damage
rank 2 4+% missing damage
rank 3 6+% missing damage
rank 4 3m 8+% missing damage
rank 5 10+% missing damage
rank 6 12+% missing damage.

At best you would need to be at 12% health remaining to do the full 500 damage before modifiers.

This is still my preferable "nerf" to EI

EI's damage stays the same, it becomes completely tied to % of health remaining however.

A low base hp ghost will have an easier time using EI than a tank.
I'm just saying for now, discuss this later please Lolzy.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
I don't see the rush to spit out a fix that isn't even a fix, Reducing EI's cap does not stop it from being spammed by tanks, it just means the tanks will wait less to start using it.

Its better to discuss the best possible solutions so that dev can take his time to implement the best one for the long term.

Recoding EI isn't a week long endeavor, at most It might eat up an hour or two.
Because its just going to make EI not deal ludicrous damage, 400 as opposed to 500 is a large number, its a temporary and very easy solution, until a new thread is made.

Because we've proved at least 3 times that these ether invitation threads takes weeks, sometimes months to settle upon.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Don't forget the 'only usable at red HP' part added to 75 damage per rank, once again. It will certainly solve the spam part.

And it makes sense to be used as a desperation attack instead of waiting for Afflicted Spectre to turn your 1200 HP into 2000 so you can dish out free EIs at full HP, like it's happening a lot lately and why we're trying ''to throw an EI on EI'' (aka being desperate about it, for people with no sense of humor).
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
So because you want it now, you somehow have the authority to tell me to can it and just let your idea that brings EI damage down from 600 to 450, still a large number, which doesn't accomplishes anything really, right?

Also snakey the only usable in Red part , while helping the initial problem, guarantees it will always do full damage, I'd prefer a solution where EI is always usable, but does an appropriate amount of damage based on % not flat health missing, which fits the intended use of the skill which I infer due to its introduction during an era of much, much lower max health.