Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archer Love
Looking at this class, it's really, outdated, and Archers aren't a common type of play in the game currently. I had some modified ideas on some old skills I thought might be interesting to bring back to the table. One of them has some decent synergy with guns.

Archer

Offensive Skills:

Two Shot

In a quick motion, the archer is able to fire their weapon twice within seconds. Simply firing, reloading, and firing again quickly in the same motion.

Weapons: Bows, Guns (Single-shot only, but guns cannot critical)

Single Target: Enemy Only

Cost: 20 FP, 4M (allows two normal shots and one normal attack for a cost of 7M)

Rank 1: 20 FP Cost, -40 to Hit, -80 Hit to Guns
Rank 2: 20 FP Cost, -30 to Hit, -60 Hit to Guns
Rank 3: 15 FP Cost, -20 to Hit, -40 Hit to Guns
Rank 4: 15 FP Cost, -10 to Hit, -20 Hit to Guns
Rank 5: 10 FP Cost, No Hit reduction

Chain Shot

Requires Two Shot Rank 3.

Even quicker than two, the chain shot is a fast but sloppy way to send arrow flying at your target. Guns wouldn't be able to keep up with accuracy in this manner at all. (Each successing arrow increasing its Hit reduction by -20 each time, like so. Arrow 1: No Hit Reduction, Arrow 2: -20 to Hit, Arrow 3: -40 to Hit). The chain's momentum stops if an arrow misses. Critical rate is also halved.

Weapon: Bows only

Single Target: Enemy Only

Cost: 55 FP

Rank 1: Fires three arrows, FP Cost: 50.
Rank 2: Fires three arrows, FP Cost: 45.
Rank 3: Fires four arrows, FP Cost: 40.
Rank 4: Fires four arrows, FP Cost: 35.
Rank 5: Fires five arrows, FP Cost: 30.

Chain shot may cost less M and provide more in the end, but it also more risky in the event you have a dodgy opponent and based on the fact that you have a better chance to miss as it goes on.

If anybody else has some Archer related stuff to add, please do so.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Parting Shot and Warning shot being moved to Archer would be cool.

Chain Shot looks like it'd make Arbalests even .more. of a tank breaker than they already are. Five shots? Thats atleast 50 elemental damage, and STR+BOW PWR+10+5 damage < with enemies having -10 defense to the attack >*5... That seems uh... -bad-.

Two-Shot seems kinda nice but. Ridiculously broken with a gun- oh nevermind. Well, it still lets a shotgun fire twice and thats ehhhh with MG.
Chain Shot isn't elemental impacted from what I typed up, so at best they'd just be Fire or Light, which DEF can block out or the proper resistance items. Then again, the 5th shot is -100% Hit, so that'd be very lucky for someone who doesn't have near perfect Hit to be able to land the last shot.

Edit: Updated Chain Shot to require Two Shot R3.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.

A bow with on-hit effect, such as a thorn shooter.

10 Earth damage per hit. That's 50 hits.

Also are you kidding? A BK has next to no cel gain. -100 hit would .still. land a hit on them because of their dodge being somewhere in the.. 30s... compared to an archers.. 250-300
Arrows still do physical damage, so the BKs DEF would be able to take most of the hits, on top of Indomitable, and if they invoked the Black Wind. BKs also have Forced Move, so the -Hit to being close would also come into affect if they were Immobilized or something else to keep them from running away, Ice Tiles, etc. That 10 Earth Damage could also be blocked out by an Isespian Charm or RES respectively if it isn't unresistable.

(STR+10+5+BOW PWR)*5-(DEF-10+armor)*5 is what would be happening. If said BK got.. Oh.. I don't know..

[BUSTER CANNON!]

they might be dealing with..

(STR+10+5+BOWPWR)*5-(Armor-10)*5
These would be best saved for a more agile bow-based promotion.
Also, what Mega said. These would be bad ass for TRICK SHOOTER
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2536#p2536 Wrote:MegaBlues » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:41 am[/url]"]These would be best saved for a more agile bow-based promotion.

Ten characters.