Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crates Accessable or not!?
Uhm since recent events that invovled some playerhouse stealing (also because of door unlock on reboot bug) I noticed that you as owner of a crate don´t notice if it´s accessable or not to others when you look into it.

So can we have a quick way to check that? like when the window opens at the "Window title" have a (Accessable)/(Unacessable) written, so you as owner of the crate know that you might have accidently one crate accessable to others.

So people don´t get their stuff stolen OOCly anymore so easily?
I'd also like a third option that lets you assign the furniture to only be accessible by people you whitelist with permissions, honestly. That would probably help stuff like this too.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
Yeah actually thats a good idea. I would like that aswell.
I'll be honest, if you aren't using the bank to store stuff, It shouldn't be completely safe. Make it so autoshops and maids will kick out anyone outside of a whitelist from house if they get caught sure. But if you are using a crate, when you could be using the bank, and it gets stolen from, thats on you for not locking the door it was behind.

I also feel that lockpicking should work on doors in houses, but that is its own thing. Also an investigation skill to check who was the previous person to take an item from the crate, but on a fail destroys the evidence.

You can't go having a perma death, guard heavy, forced realism game and then impose super protections on people's houses.
Maybe people just want communal storage that can't be stolen OOCly. I think that'd be fine, because access permissions as they stand are either 'only the home owner can use them' or 'literally everyone who can get to the box can use them'. Which I think is kind of silly, especially when it comes to homes built with a bunch of rooms meant to house many people who then can't use their own drawers for anything (or run the risk of getting looted by some dick OOCly).

Locked doors aren't fool proof, apparently, so I'm for having a system to white-list storage containers, somehow.
(and what the OP suggested, being able to know the access status of a crate without toggling it on/off)
I have a house that multiple people use.

They have their own rooms, with their own dressers/shelves/etc, which means they need to be able to access them so they can't be owner locked. (These are also useful for offloading excess weight upon LE, since the bank gets stupidly expensive to upgrade after awhile - hours of grind for just a few slots)

It's gotten to the point where they need to Skype/Discord me to get me to let them in since I need to leave the house locked from the outside, because SOMEONE (I wish I had a way of knowing WHO) always leaves the front door into the actual house (the entrance leads to the yard) unlocked, and people OOCly snoop around for free loot.

I'll say the same thing I've said in the past again. "This is OOC harrassment. Make all the excuses about IC you want, you're just being a despicable little shit. I've waited around to catch people in the ACT and tried to restrain them ICly and they were just ignoring me and trying to take as much as they could before I barred them. There's nothing IC about this - people just want to rob others OOCly for easy loot, and that should be punished by the GMs if it can be proven... shame Dev won't enable detailed house logs complete with information of who adds/removes items, and their keys."
*loud burp*
I mean, if the perps are just oocly robbing you like little shits and don't even respect you trying to fight them/arrest them, ban hammer.
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:I mean, if the perps are just oocly robbing you like little shits and don't even respect you trying to fight them/arrest them, ban hammer.

Yes, it's how should be and how it went. However, this suggestion is to prevent this from happening again.
Plus, if they're OOCly robbing you, there's no 'fight them/arrest them'. It's OOC for a motive.
What I want is a proper ownership flag system.

To get into a crate you don't own a prompt window warning you about theft pops up , Items stolen are highlighted in red and marked in the inventory

If a person was caught stealing in a house, aka another player was within x tiles with the ownership flag, or Guard flag the perpetrator is given a Criminal Flag.

players with the Criminal Flag, can be forced into PVP against their will.

On defeat the perpetrator drops stolen loot and it is returned to the container it was stolen from (this is actually easier to code than some jank loot on floor mechanic, its just a revert proc)
Sounds like we need to bring the Chicken-onna-box-witta-gun-anna-hat back.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye